Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Old 03-12-2020, 06:36 PM
Store Manager

There's a lot of repairs I'll tackle on my own, as there's not that many complicated things outside of the engine/transmission. Brakes... I could probably do, and have it be just fine. Probably... NOPE! Until I know EXACTLY wtf I'm doing, I'm not about to try and put those in meself.
Starters, alternators and such don't leave a ton of metal screaming down the road when they fail for whatever reason.

Old 03-13-2020, 12:00 AM
Pune Massacreeist

Quote:
Quoth Buzzard View Post
... Brakes...
Murphy says on brake repairs: "You will always have extra parts that won't go back in."

Old 03-13-2020, 04:03 AM
Deluxe Lackey

Brake pad replacement is an issue where my brother and I have diametrically opposed positions, but for the exact same reason.
I want it done by a professional, he wants to do it himself.

Our reason? "I don't want my last thought before I die to be 'I'm so stupid'."

Old 03-13-2020, 12:55 PM
Official CS tillgirl fondler!

Quote:
Quoth dalesys View Post
"You will always have extra parts that won't go back in."
That's what she said...

Old 03-13-2020, 01:05 PM
Gun Pimp.

Funny thing is if someone is honest and says they have no clue and plays 30 questions with me they are better than the one who think they know.

Windage and Elevation.

Old 03-14-2020, 01:16 AM
Cashier

Had a woman, after messing up the display, hold up a pencil tire gage and ask "what dis do".
I so wanted to say, "for you? Nothing."

Old 05-30-2020, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quoth Slave to the Phone View Post
I have owned and maintained a 1979 Triumph Spitfire since it came off the boat. I KNOW what I need for my car. I KNOW that the battery listed in your book is different, but I don't want that battery. I want the battery I know fits. If you insist that I'm too female/old/stupid to know what battery I want, I will buy the wrong one you insist on, then pull the old, disabled, female card and insist that you carry it out and try to install it.
At least the Spitfire's battery is easily accessed Not so with my '70 MGB GT. I swear, the factory was on crack. Stock, there are two six-volt batteries hiding under the rear seat. They're a pain in the ass to install and remove--usually the straps fall off or corrode. Expensive and hard to find, mean that many of us have gone to a single 12-volt item instead. I know from experience that an Interstate 26R type will slot right in. It's pretty amusing to be shot down, and have the parts guy try to install something that I know won't fit. It's even more amusing to see them try to get it back out

Old 06-02-2020, 04:46 AM
Warning: He thinks he's funny.

Oh lord, under the back seat? The old Bugs used to do that as well. Heaven help you if you took the positive terminal protector boot off. The next time you have someone sit in the back, the seat springs can touch the battery terminals.... Good way to burn down a Bug and lose a friend!

Not to mention that any battery acid that leaked (or even outgassed!) caused the floor pan to rot away in about eight milliseconds.