Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That Black and Yellow striped line on the floor means somthing.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Black and Yellow striped line on the floor means somthing.

I am amazed that people will see something new and still ignore it.

I have black and yellow tape on the floor 3 1/2 feet back from the counter and a sign saying please stay behind the line but they still walk right up to the counter and lean on it.
    Well into the 6 foot distance they should maintain.

I'm just waiting for someone to come in coughing and then get offended when I ask them to leave the store.

Image in mind- Jake Blues picking up his effects from jail.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

I think an electrified barbed wire fence six feet from the counter wouldn't stop those people.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

But it would be entertaining and possibly slow them down.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

And here I'm thinking that a bit of signage about effective taser distance ("You WILL be TASED"), accompanied by an animatronics manikin that twitches and moans just a bit...

Most would get the idea, but given what site we're on, this might lead to more idiots crowding the counter, asking what the signs and stripes are for, including stepping over the manikin.

Comment

Cough

I suggest starting a coughing fit as soon as they cross the line and point to it.

Of-course, if they call your boss become innocent and clear throat-ed and say "I thought customer were suppose to be behind the line, I was only drawing their attention to the line that is clearly there and clearly signed.".

Comment

Replace the tape with lumpy bright red-orange paint. Put up a sign that says: Caution! Floor is Lava.

Extra points if you can figure out how to make the floor hot.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

At my pharmacy they put tables in front of the registers so you have to stay back
                My son thinks I'm Lucifer Morningstar. I'm not sure he's wrong.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  I think an electrified barbed wire fence six feet from the counter wouldn't stop those people.
                  But oh man, it would be so entertaining.
                  Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

Quoth YamiNoHime View Post
                    At my pharmacy they put tables in front of the registers so you have to stay back
                    Pretty smart until...

Oh, look. Someone put a table in front of the counter. Let me move that for you.
                    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                    Save the Ales!
                    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

We've put red tape on the floor to indicate how far back a customer should be from the customer in front of them. Had one moron the other day walk up to the customer being served and the only thing that prevented an embarrassing closeness was his buggy.

Customer being served was not impressed. I wasn't thinking at the moment or I'd have said something to him.
                      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
                      X