Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't let anyone tell you you're making too big a deal out it. Nimoy was a living legend.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Thanks hon, yeah my mom said something similar the day he died, her & I had to run errands that day so I didn't find out until we got home later that afternoon & I logged into FB & saw it on the side bar of the news feed. My mom had gone to take a nap & I being's we were doing take-out that night (ie. she asked me to tell my step-dad to go & pick up dinner when he called to let us know he was en route) I had told her I wouldn't bother her until he came in. Buut, when I saw that, I just..I had to go tell her right then as she's as big a fan of Star Trek as I am & those were pretty much her exact words 'an icon dies'.

I was able to hold it together until I went back to the computer room (I hate to cry in front of people, family included, I tend to internalize it until I'm alone) & I saw picture someone had posted to their feed of Nimoy & Shatner together at some autograph thing & they had their arms around each other & were smiling, that's pretty much when I lost it.

It's strange, because when DeForest passed, yeah I was sad b/c he was part of the trio, but this. I feel so bad for Bill (don't get me wrong, I feel bad for his family & all who knew him personally) but dammit, this was Bill's close friend.

I remember an episode of the Golden Girls where the 4 of them made a pact that they would take care of each other always no matter what & Rose asked 'what happens when there's only one left?'
      "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Working...
      X