X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very spine-chilling arrangement

"The Hanging Tree"

So the song is from Mockingjay, but Peter Hollens is singing it. That man does an AMAZING job of it and it sends chills up my spine. He does some bloody good arrangements too of other songs. ^_^

And just because I'm that little bit evil.... (he does do a nice version of the medley but I know that these songs are earwormy as hell )
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I like the melody as well. It has a classic (American) Country-Western feel to it.

I shed a tear when Katniss was singing it, then a sense of 'just-war' when the choir of District 5 was singing it (an odd feeling, hard to describe. A sense of sadness/terror/the relief of change/and a rage against the Capital system).
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
      I like the melody as well. It has a classic (American) Country-Western feel to it.

I shed a tear when Katniss was singing it, then a sense of 'just-war' when the choir of District 5 was singing it (an odd feeling, hard to describe. A sense of sadness/terror/the relief of change/and a rage against the Capital system).
      I had chills up my spine when I heard Jennifer Lawrence singing it. They definitely do the song justice.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Peter Hollens is an amazing singer. I love his work.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
        X