This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice recognition software is evil

Had someone share this one my Facebook page and thought that it would make a few people laugh here too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAz_UvnUeuU

Voice recognition software can be evil if you have an accent or a surname like mine (R and F too close together for most programs to pick up when spelling it out).
    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

I've lived in a lot of different places in the US and my accent is a mosh of all of those places. Voice recognition software hates me.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I've had some fairly impressive literature out of voice recognition. Which would be nice, except I was trying to get it to open my browser.

Comment

Okay, I just bought myself Dragon software for my birthday, and ya'll are scaring me . . .

Comment

In all honesty, it depends on how much you train it. You probably should set aside a LONG time to train Dragon to recognise your voice. ( single-user voice recognition usually eventually gets the hang of even the thickest accent. However, when it has to recognise a variety of dialects, accents and languages? good luck. The only reason Apple's Siri works is because it's a defined list of commands, so it can go for the closest it can find.)

Comment

I'd say whatever voice recognition software Rosetta Stone uses is definitely evil........I'm taking an online German class, lessons are set up with Rosetta Stone, and at times I have to talk really loud and slow for it to recognize my speech. (other times, the software seems to want you to talk really fast)

Comment

Working...
            X