X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry Pratchett Dead at 66

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31858156

I was never a huge fan of his books, but I was a fan of him. A sad loss to the literary world.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

He took Death's arm...RIP Terry Pratchett

I just heard about this:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/03/12/terry-...tweet-5100572/

Comment

May he rest in peace.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

So the Embuggerance won .
        He was a brave man and a great author.

Comment

BUGGER.

I met him once - he signed a book for me. Lovely man, marvellous books.

Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Wish I could have met him, sad loss.
            "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
            set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

No, not him!

Interesting tweet they made, though...and as Al put it, this is a bad year for nerds.
              Last edited by Tama; 03-12-2015, 05:31 PM.
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth gaspode View Post
                Wish I could have met him, sad loss.
                Same here. I love his books.

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Gutted about this. Pterry was always an inspiration for my own writing aspirations.

RIP.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

"No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away."
                    -Terry Pratchett, 'Reaper Man'

RIP Sir Terry.

Comment

Quoth Jeir View Post
                      "No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away."
                      -Terry Pratchett, 'Reaper Man'

RIP Sir Terry.
                      You just reminded me of this from the same book;

'What can the harvest hope for, if not the care of the Reaper Man?'
                      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

One of my friends woke me up early to let me know and I have alternating between shock, crying my eyes out and laughing and all the good quotes that he left us with.

If anyone needs me, I'll be curled up reading the series again with a couple of boxes of tissues.
                        A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Aw, shit.

At least we'll still have his words, that will live on, such as these:

"Do you not know that a man is not dead while his name is still spoken?"

(from Going Postal)
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/b...ming-code.html

I thought this was pretty cool
                            "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
                            X