This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Charged!!!

I'd been meaning to get back into running for a while. I decided that if I am going to do this the first thing I need are some really good running shoes. I want something that's going to offer stability and arch support so I don't end up injuring myself. For years I've been going to Sketchers because I can get the shoes I need for a decent price. Lately though Sketchers has been letting me down. I got two pairs of shoes a few months ago and not only do they not give me adequate support for my feet (thus leaving my feet sore after work) but they are wearing down quickly.

Last Saturday I was meeting up with a friend. I mentioned needing new shoes and she suggested we check out this place called Road Runner Sports. I had already decided to go to an actual sports store for my shoes so we went to check it out. Neither one of us had been there so we were surprised and amazed at how thorough they were.

They have this thing called Shoe Dog which allows them to find the perfect shoe for you. They measure pressure points, watch your gait as you jog and specifically mold a shoe insert to your foot. I learned more about my feet in ten minutes than I ever thought I would.

I was already sold on the customer service alone but the shoes and inserts really sealed the deal. They were so freakin' comfy! So I decided to get them, the inserts and a package of socks they recommended (discount if all three are bought together).

My friend decided to pay for the inserts since they were $70 as a bridal gift for me. We wanted the discount on the socks but the only way to get it was to have it in one transaction. No problem, the cashier stated she could ring them up together but have different charges.

So I swipe my card first and . . . it charged the entire amount. She voided the transaction and we tried again. I swiped my card and . . . well . . I'm not sure what went wrong but the cashier said she needed my card again. I swipe again - we're golden - so my friend swipes hers.

After that we decide to go get something to eat. We go to Paradise Bakery (yay) and I order a sandvich with coffee. I swipe my card and . . . declined.

Uh . . . le wtf?

At this point I'd like to state that prior to leaving I had about $276 in my account. My transaction amount for the shoes was $146. So there should be no reason my card is being declined unless . . . .

Yup, double charged.

My friend paid for my meal and after we left I checked my card activity to confirm if it was charged twice. It was. I called. The guy I spoke with said that he didn't see the double charge on their end but that he would leave a note for the opening manager to check it tomorrow. Something about it needing to process through their system.

Okay - I called the next day. He sees the double charge and refunds me the amount. Yay!

Except today I still have no money in my bank account. Funny how the double charge went through instantly but the refund hasn't. I guess this is what happens when I try to buy something nice for myself with my hard earned money. I just wanted to start running again . . .

Not that it would matter because I'm sick for the third month in a row and my immune system seems to be crapping out on me.

#whitewhine

Just for reference, refunds NEVER go through right away. It's not just the shoe store. All refunds usually take up to 72 business hours (this excludes weekends and holidays) to be processed. Yeah, it sucks.

Glad to hear you're getting back into running, though, and don't let one hiccup discourage you. As we all know, accidents and mistakes happen. It sounds like the shoe store was otherwise pretty awesome, which is surely a good find; you can probably go back to them or call them for advice about training, when to get new shoes again, etc. (at least my local shoe/sports store is like that, they love to give info to new runners.)

Comment

The charge actually likely didn't go through instantly. It put a hold on that amount of funds in your account and then pended until it went through a few days later. Most charges are not instantaneous. Unfortunately refunds take the same few days to finish going through. If it's been more than 3-4 business days, though, call the number on your card to see if they see that the refund is pending and if they can't help then notify the store again.
      "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

It went through today. Yay for that. I can actually by gas and groceries before next Friday.

Comment

Working...
        X