This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little To Do About Doolittle

...or Why I Do Like Living Here Sometimes.

This week is the annual get-together for the surviving members of the Doolittle Raid, including the Chinese villagers who helped some of the pilots escape after bailing out of their planes. The shindig is being held at the Wright-Patterson AFB right here in my backyard.

Today I got to see a couple dozen restored B-25s flying low in formation while doing a lap around the Dayton airspace before returning to the field. It was a hell of a thing to see and hear. Whole streets just stopped to watch for the few minutes they were roaring overhead.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Awesome! Those really are beauties.
    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

*makes sad whimpering sounds* I wanna goooooooooooooooo. *goes to find a plane to hug*
      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

ooo I want to go next year!!!

The footage from 2010s flight is awesome <we need a boing boing smiley>
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
        X