Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody Available To Talk Sometime Soon(ish)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Available To Talk Sometime Soon(ish)?

I asked Raps about this on Friday, and he said I could ask people if they're willing to talk about it, so here goes.

A while back, I came up with a business idea. I, personally, think it's a damned good idea. I also happen to know that I like it in part because I came up with it, and it's useful to me.

After thinking about it, I've realized that I don't know if this idea is useful to anybody but me. As such, I've developed an interview that I'd like to do with people. We can hook up on Google Talk (sorry, Skype does not work for me at all), or G+ Hangout or I can call you if you wish, and just a short conversation. I still have to do some practice runs, but it looks like it will take about 15-20 minutes.

My part is mostly scripted, but I want to hear your answers. The business idea is one that will land squarely between Monster and LinkedIn, and I'll tell you more details when we talk.

If you're available and willing, drop me a line. I'm planning on doing these interviews Monday through Thursday 9pm to midnight Eastern daylight time, and weekends. For weekends, I can be more flexible, I just have to plan it a bit better. I'm also aiming to complete these interviews within two weeks.

Thank you for any help you can give.

What kind of business are you considering?
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

If it's the one you've spoken of before, I like it. If not, I'm still sure it's awesome.
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Kristev: If I *do* make a business out of this, and it's as unique as I think it is, it's going to be way too easy to connect there to there, and this thread. I'd prefer to discuss details in private.

RootedPhoenix: I like the idea, too. But that's not the problem. My problem right now is in verifying whether or not this is a viable business, and where the income from it will be generated. Hence, me needing to interview people at both ends of the hiring process (potential employees, and potential employers).

For those who replied so far, I'm not ignoring you. Tonight is just not a good night. It's been a long *long* day, and I'm exhausted. I'll try to connect with you tomorrow. Thank you for some patience.

Comment

Peds, I just thought of something....if/when you decide to call me, you might want to text me first, as I get a lot of calls from numbers I don't recognize, and out of habit, I just pretty much ignore them. Just saying.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Okay, I've just finished up for tonight. I know I did not reply to all the PMs, or get in touch with everybody by phone, not yet. I apologize for that. Had a glitch with cell phone provider, and just barely got through the ones I did.

I'll follow up with everybody tomorrow, though, and we can work on scheduling those interviews.

Thank you all for your support. I very much appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
            X