Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, it's possible. If you were angled right to have light reflecting off your lens (probably reflecting off those light fixtures, then hitting the lens), and then a second later, your wrist moves, and the angle is gone.

It's a shame the camera is gone.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Those light fixtures weren't turned on, so if there was any light reflection, it would have been whatever was coming through from the courtyard in the back.
      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I noticed. They're glass, so I figured they were the most reflective thing in that hallway.

I remember a meeting with actual ghost hunters. They took a photo of this door, and it looked like there was a face in the door. And they actually got a couple photos of this. Turns out, there was a nearby glass wall fixture that was causing a weird reflection. They covered up the wall fixture,, started snapping more photos, and the "face" pictures went away... the gal presenting said she was so excited at first, and was so disappointed when someone else figured out that it wasn't a ghost face.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I'm in the lens flare or other such category on the pic in the OP. If you look at the whole foreground the camera seems to have taken in quite a bit of light as the floor to about midway in the hall and the left wall is lit brightly as well. That makes me think the other anomalies in the photo are more likely lens flare or other lighting issues at work as opposed to something paranormal.

I've seen photos do some odd things. I have a photo of a chess board that I took in high school that is black and white. The only light in the photo is from an overhead ceiling mounted light. I set the camera down on the board and snapped the photo with pieces as if a game were in progress. In the developed photo you can see perfect reflections of the pieces on the board in such a way that they appear to be both upright and upside down. The effect was completely unintended, but it looks neat

EDIT: Found it and took a photo of it with a digital camera. You can't see the reflections as well as in the original though

On the zoomed in pic (unknown entity) I'll add the human eye tends to see shapes where there aren't any only because our brain is trained to recognize it. I bet if you show that same photo with the circle in it without telling anyone what they are looking for they will have a hard time seeing anything at all. it's why this -_- looks likes a face even though its really just 3 lines arranged a certain way. I should also add I'm the ever present skeptic. I'm willing to accept the existence of the paranormal, but I tend to look for every other explanation first.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Chanlin; 04-24-2012, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X