Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fate is My Wingman (but I could use your help....)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Yeah, that. That might be why you've come across as "creepy" before, they think "stalker" even though it's not true.
    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
      Keep your cool, like you do with us, and you're golden.
      Dispensing pearls of wisdom from the comfort of my computer desk is hardly the equivalent of a face to face situation. Not that I am shy or antisocial. Hardly the case. It's just not the same thing.

Quoth Laund-o-rama Mama View Post
      One way to mitigate creepiness, especially if she's a shy type...
      Whatever else she is or is not, she is definitely NOT shy.

Quoth Laund-o-rama Mama View Post
      You could be a perfectly nice guy who is just intense, but some girls may just flee before things get serious.
      That pretty much describes how I come off to a T.

And trust me, as much as I sometimes seem clueless in here talking about this stuff, I am quite aware of it. I haven't spent the last 41 years only observing OTHER people, ya know. I am rather introspective, and have had plenty of feedback from friends about the way I am, both positively and negatively.

I appreciate the advice, though, and welcome it, even if it may seem as if I am sloughing it off.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Dispensing pearls of wisdom from the comfort of my computer desk is hardly the equivalent of a face to face situation. Not that I am shy or antisocial. Hardly the case. It's just not the same thing.
        OK, poor wording on my part...change "like you do with us" to "like you do with your real life friends, coworkers, etc."
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

No, the wording was fine. It was the idea that was flawed. LOL!

Seriously, as I'm sure you realize, it's quite different with friends, because for one thing, you've known them a while, for another thing, you are comfortable with them, and for the final and most obvious thing, you are not entertaining romantic or sexual thoughts or plans in relation to them.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

I appreciate the advice, though, and welcome it, even if it may seem as if I am sloughing it off.
            Not at all! I don't know you from Adam, really, so I'm mostly just thinking out loud. Take it or leave it.
            "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
              Whatever else she is or is not, she is definitely NOT shy.
              How do you know that? Did she show off any tattoos and/or piercings located near her naughty bits?

On second thought, if that's the case, I don't want to know.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                How do you know that? Did she show off any tattoos and/or piercings located near her naughty bits?

On second thought, if that's the case, I don't want to know.

But I do.

(Just kidding, I really don't! )
                "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                  I know this since I've had several lengthy conversations with her. She is very easy to talk to, has no problem expressing herself, and has a very good sense of humor....and is, as I said, clearly not shy.

Still A Customer."

Comment

An annoyingly ironic update to this thread....

I don't know whether or not the girl in question actually had a boyfriend or was just using that to put me off. Hell, she may have actually BEEN flirting with me and I just didn't turn out to be the guy she thought I was. As always, a million possibilities. But now, things have turned....weird.

Hmmm...looking back on this thread, it seems I didn't update it after the chili cookoff.....at which she clearly stated on multiple occasions that she had a boyfriend, some guy who came to visit her from out of town periodically. Or some such. Once she actually established that she had a boyfriend, the details weren't all that important to me.

But in any case, it seems that boyfriend is out of the picture. I don't know this because of anything she told me, but because I happen to know that she is seeing a new guy. A guy I know. I guy I WORK WITH. Yep, she and my coworker are now an item.

Grrreeeeaaatttt. So even if I wanted to mostly put it out of my mind, I can't, see he will from time to time mention that the two of them did this or that the other day. Wonderful.

Now, for the record, I like my coworker and think he's a good guy. I also think the girl in question is a good person as well. I am not dogging either one of them for this.

I am, however, giving the major evil eye to Fate for throwing this at me. So much for Fate being my wingman, huh?

Still A Customer."

Comment

Awwww...sorry Jester. That's just really unfortunate.
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I don't know if I'd call it unfortunate so much as hilariously weird.

After all, I know this is a small island and all, but that is just.....odd.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                        X