This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Facebook game

I've been playing this game on Facebook for some time now, and recently, I haven't been able to connect to it. I found it on Yahoo! Games and started over, but it's really nagging at me that I can't play my other version on Facebook (where I'm at a higher level). I tried accessing it from my work computer this morning before my shift started, and it worked - so it's my computer. I think all those programs I threw at the virus have something to do with it.

When I click on the game link, it says, "Connecting to Facebook." And that's it. A circle spins endlessly, and the game doesn't load.

What I have done:

Cleared the cache.
    Cleared the history.
    Made sure Flash Player is updated.

What should I do now?

Things to check:

Look at forums to see if anyone else has like issues.
    Make sure Java is updated too. Just in case.
    Make sure your security settings, and any browser security programs, don't have Flash blocked.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I did discover, entirely by accident, that I can check a box that will prevent any programs from changing my default browser. So I did. I've been trying to clear my temp files, but with no success (I haven't been able to find the place where they all hide).

Some people have had issues with connecting to the server, but nothing like what I've had. The weird thing is, other Facebook games load without problems.

Comment

Assuming Windows:

Go to The Start Menu, then click Run... (on XP) or just start typing (Vista/7/8):

%temp%

On XP, after you clear that out, you can reach a different temp folder by typing

temp

In either case, just delete everything (CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DEL to delete all without warning) *inside the folder*, but not the folder itself -- if the system refuses to delete something, well, it's actually in use, so it's fine to let that remain. Get rid of anything else. By definition, any program that needs something in a temp folder will just re-create it if it cannot find the old file.

These tend to get cluttered up because many programs are terrible about cleaning up after themselves. Kinda like SC's
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Try CrapCleaner for flushing those temp files - I use it daily.

Comment

Working...
          X