Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fate is My Wingman (but I could use your help....)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well going to her house and wanting to come in might be a bit creepy but since you are in the same area it would seem perfectly acceptable to go by and invite her to some future event. Worst thing she can say is no!

Comment

Well, I am rooting for you...so go on over and say hello and then pleeeeeease let us know how it goes
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Imprl59 View Post
        Well going to her house and wanting to come in might be a bit creepy but since you are in the same area it would seem perfectly acceptable to go by and invite her to some future event. Worst thing she can say is no!
        Who said go in straight away? Its perfectly fine to stand at the doorway and chat, LOL.
        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Go over and say hello and if you don't, I am more than willing to text you a kick in the ass to do it.
          "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
          "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
          Amayis is my wifey

Comment

And here is my report.

Last night, after a relatively busy day at work (far busier than I expected on a Tuesday after a major weekend event here, and very busy near the end, during Happy Hour), while pondering where to get dinner, I got a well-timed text from friends inviting me to a pub quiz at one of my favorite watering holes. Good food, good friends, good fun...I went. And out of 18 teams, we came in second, and without being conceited, largely due to me. Including my pulling the answer to the bonus question out of thin air on only one clue. The bonus question, you get one clue each round, until someone gets it, and there are six rounds. Get it in the first round, which almost never happens, you get six points. Second round, five points, and so on. First clue was simply this: born in 1989, this person was the only child of a Jewish mother and an Irish father. And I shocked my team (and myself) when I came up with the correct answer (as did only 2 other teams). Ponder that clue for a bit...the answer is at the end of my report.

Anyway, after a few drinks, and not getting home till 930ish, I felt it would be better if I went to say hi today. This was not my usual procrastination, mind you, but an attempt not to seem overly creepy by knocking on someone's door at 930 with a few drinks in me.

Also, I knew today I would be done with work no later than 4, as I was scheduled to do magic at the toy store.

Well, right as I got to the toy store, I got a text from the boss to take the day off, as it was really slow. As I had some work on a side project I could be doing at The Bar (and knew this time off would be a possibility), I went to The Bar and spent many hours working on that very project.

Got some food, had a nice meal, and about 20 minutes ago, got up off my lazy ass, with no possible reason for procrastination left to me, and strolled the few hundred yards from my building to hers. Finding the correct apartment, I walked up the stairs, happy to see that the sliding glass door on the balcony was open, there were lights on, and the tv was on, which indicated someone was home. Shocked to find that I really COULD feel my heart beating through my chest (you'd think this was the first time I'd actually asked a girl out or something...what the hell is wrong with me?), I knocked on the door.

And waited.

And...nothing happened.

So, I knocked a second time, louder.

And this time.....nothing happened again.

With no idea what else to do, I walked back down the stairs, where I saw what I believe was her bicycle locked up (I had seen it when she applied at my bar), which just added to my confusion. And I came home to report...well, pretty much nothing.

Now I get to do this all again another day! Yay me.

Answer to the trivia question above: Daniel Radcliffe, star of the Harry Potter movies. Which makes it even more impressive that I got this, as I don't follow entertainment news, either in print or on tv, and have never seen any of the 3578 Harry Potter movies. But how many 22 year olds are there that are famous enough to have a trivia question about them? And I figured he was about the right age.

Okay, now back to pondering the universe and the Cute Girls in it that torment me so.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

She might have been in the laundry room, or out on a walk. Don't read too much into it.
              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Oh, I'm not reading too much into it. And I wasn't bothered by it so much as confused. I don't, for example, think she was trying to duck me. Not only would she have no reason to do so, she had no way of knowing it was me, as the doors here have no peepholes, and I heard absolutely no movement in the apartment. She could not have, for example, peeked out the balcony and seen it was me, even if she was a ninja, without my hearing or seeing something. And regardless, I'm pretty sure she's not a ninja.

But the laundry room is not a possibility, as we don't have one at this complex. Every unit has their own washers and dryers.

Still A Customer."

Comment

...Bathroom. Ahem. <.<
                  By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

As I said, there are many possibilities. That is one. Another one is that she wasn't home, but her roommate was, and SHE was in the bathroom. Or snoozing. Or getting some. Or....whatever.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Hey. Try it again. Try it a third time. After that I'd say wait and see if you run into her again, but frankly, if your heart was beating double-time on the first try, I'd say you're really into her, and it's worth a shot. Good luck!
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I didn't take my pulse rate, but the fact that I had that cliched sensation of actually feeling my heart beat through my chest was both frightening and amusing.

That being said, I didn't need that sensation to know that I was really into this chick. Well, as into a chick as you can be that you've only met a couple of times.

And did I say I wasn't going to try it again? Oh, hell YES I'm going to try it again. Not every night (I have various plans and/or commitments in some of my upcoming nights, and frankly, I should not be knocking an anyone's door after an entire Sunday of watching football and drinking beer), but I am not in any way done here.

This is not a defeat. It is merely a pause.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Good luck! ^_^
                          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

-adds that fact to my Harry Potter/Daniel Radcliffe repertoire-

She is definitely a ninja.

Good luck!
                            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Darn, I guessed Robert Pattinson, and I am not even a Twilight fan. I'd rather watch Harry Potter!
                              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Hope things work out for you on this one, Jester.

(Also secretly hoping for a hilarious misunderstanding that would not be out of place in the most cliche of rom-coms, you know, the ones where 'everything works out in the end.' But I am easily amused).

Comment

Working...
                                X