Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fate is My Wingman (but I could use your help....)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was going to swing by Thursday after work, but a couple of tourist friends dropped by the bar as I was getting off, and it was their last night in town, so we went out for a while. Friday night was a prior commitment, and last night was the Arizona-Arizona State game, which didn't do a damn thing for my mood, as those idiots from Tucson won the damn game. Meh. Meh. And more meh.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      those idiots from Tucson won the damn game. Meh. Meh. And more meh.
      Yes. Yes we did. We may have lost to Stanford, but we beat the Scum Sun Devils.

*Proud to be a Tucson Idiot*

"I've never had a heart attack, but it isn't for my son's lack of trying." - Me

Comment

There are a lot of people jumping on the Fire Erickson bandwagon today, I'm sure.

Myself, I'm in favor of taking him down to the Salt River Bed and putting a few bullets in his head.

He'll be getting off easy when they fire his damn ass. Losing to UCLA? Losing to Washington State? Losing to Arizona? Nauseating. 6-2 went to 6-5. We may actually finish at 6-6, and UCLA has the inside window on winning the South. Repulsive. Unacceptable.

Erickson's gotta go.

Needless to say, I am not overly focused on my love life, or lack of it, this morning.

Still A Customer."

Comment

What with work and the upcoming chili cookoff and other numerous things, I have been rather busy, and just haven't found time to go say hi again, at least not at a decent hour.

But guess who came strolling into my bar today, to come say hi to me?

Yep.

And guess who's number I now have, and who seems interested in attending my upcoming chili cookoff?

That's right.

Now, I just have to not act as creepy as some of my friends say I sometimes do.

Other than that, though, I have really no game plan. Well, other than impress the hell out out of her with my chili skills.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Woohoo! ^_^
            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Yay!

Now don't act creepy. Or think about not acting creepy because if you THINK about not acting creepy, you probably will act creepy, and then it will just be a smorgasbord of creepiness. And chili.

"And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
              "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

I'm sure you'll do fine just being yourself, Jester...congrats.
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

It's even better this way. Now you know that she at least wants a new friend. There's nothing better than that. Hope the cookoff is a great one and you have a wonderful time.

Comment

Woot! WTG Jester. Now amaze her with your chili cooking skills.

Comment

<does a happy dance for Jester>
                      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Good luck! Just be your charming self! Yes, I mean you...after all, she came looking for you, right?
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                          I'm sure you'll do fine just being yourself.....
                          Well, being myself is how apparently I sometimes creep women out, according to my friends. (And no, they're not wrong.) It seems sometimes I just get too excited about a new woman in my life, go jumping off the cliff willy nilly, and scare the crap out of them. As in, "Whoa, dude, slow down....you're being creepy." Or something like that. But who knows?

Quoth Akasa View Post
                          Woot! WTG Jester. Now amaze her with your chili cooking skills.
                          Heh heh heh. Thing is, I told her about the evil Devil's Ass Chili, and she seems to want to try it. Which may result in her never talking to me again. Not that I would blame her.....the stuff really is evil. I should know...I created it.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                          Good luck! Just be your charming self! Yes, I mean you...after all, she came looking for you, right?
                          So it would seem. And she does seem to respond to my occasional texts rather quickly. But....we'll see. I don't like to presume, because when you presume, you make a ume out of Mike and Sue.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            Well, being myself is how apparently I sometimes creep women out, according to my friends. (And no, they're not wrong.) It seems sometimes I just get too excited about a new woman in my life, go jumping off the cliff willy nilly, and scare the crap out of them. As in, "Whoa, dude, slow down....you're being creepy." Or something like that. But who knows?
                            I wouldn't call that being yourself at all...I'd call that acting out, doing things you wouldn't normally do due to the circumstances at hand. Keep your cool, like you do with us, and you're golden.
                            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Heh heh heh. Thing is, I told her about the evil Devil's Ass Chili, and she seems to want to try it. Which may result in her never talking to me being able to talk again.
                              There is such a thing as too hot.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

One way to mitigate creepiness, especially if she's a shy type, is not to put too much pressure into these early days. If you know you tend to come on a little too strong, forcibly slow yourself down and let her set the pace. This is not to say become a blank, passive slate of course! But yeah. I'm like that too; I get so excited I build things up in my head that don't even exist yet (if at all) and then I have to pull myself out of my head and back down to reality ("hey, it's only our second date, I gotta relax!").

If a potential partner senses that you are waaaay too invested, they may balk, even if they really like you. Their alarms bells go off and they feel trapped and like it won't be easy to get rid of this person should things not work out*. I've learned that one the hard way.

*there's another layer that I, as a girl, am always aware of when it comes to really intense, clingy guys: you never know if that guy might turn stalker when rejected. You could be a perfectly nice guy who is just intense, but some girls may just flee before things get serious. You never know what kind of history or crap she's had to deal with, and she may be extra cautious because you live in her complex. It's unfortunate, but sadly a few really bad apples spoil the crop.
                                "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

Working...
                                X