Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Squees* Oh, penguins! I love them sooo much! Besides, it's a nice break from being a pirate, a monster or a pirate-monster-people-eater.
    Bubbles can't quite pronounce crocodile and it sounds like 'kwa-la-loo'. They've been watching Jake and the Neverland pirates, so she randomly races out of the lounge room shrieking "Ahh! Kwa-la-loo is after me. It's gonna eat meeeee! Save me mummy!" *Tries to climb up my legs*
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Hey Eisa we need to actually find 'weird' hats to wear. Hats that say 'weird' or something similar. Not hats that are just merely weird.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
        Anyway. Potentially exciting/happy news. I have a friend who is moving to Wisconsin within the next several months. Said friend would like me to be her roommate AND is more than willing to help me find a job in that area. And she has a fluffy cat! Ok, that shouldn't be a selling point since I'm deathly allergic, but I love cats. So if that actually works, it is amazingly awesome, because then I wouldn't be completely adrift in a new state.

And regardless, I contacted a place here about how to gtfo from my family, so maybe at least no more emotional scars will be inflicted any time soon. 'Twould be nice.
        Woo! Making progress I see. 1. Looking for another place to stay, possibly getting out. 2. Asserting yourself to gtfo.

I will say this: you love cats. It is self-defeating to put yourself near cats. Blunt: go and love them, but you're stupid to be next to them.
        My prediction: you will move to your friend's place with the kitty. You will gradually be more and more stuffed up. You will be more and more frustrated about the stuffed up nose, and either try to get her to give the cat away or find yourself another place. And "find new place" will spin into an anxiety circle. I am being realistic here.
        I love cats. Like obsessed love. But the income I have is no way able to support a kitty. Even if it's only 8 bux every 6 weeks for cat litter, and 10 bux every 2 months for cat food. Nope, I just cannot do. And if I did, I'd be putting that cat through a bad life, and frustrate myself "oh self that was dumb self you need to fix it for kitty, self shut up, you need to be responsible stop bitching"

That's my OPINION.

Ok. I am VERY impressed you are finding a way (locally) to get out. This means, to me, you've assessed this situation, found/realized exactly what's bad/good about it, and made a critical decision in this situation. And PLUS, you're making effort by yourself to search out help. (remember you were glued to your bed and isolating yourself? Not here!) Many times people who are depressed and just..feeling dark...don't take care of themselves. This is one of those self-care spots. You are doing it!!!!!!
        Please be reasonable with yourself and don't put allll your hope eggs into the GTFO assistance basket. Bureaucracy takes time. I suggest putting a stop day/week about 2 weeks out. So, Feb 1 is your stop date. THEN as you get closer, start thinking, ok, we've waited a few days/a week to hear back from these people, let's get on the phone. BUT don't start fretting about Feb 2. Not until you are at Jan 31. Does this make sense?
        Because, what happens, is that you wannagetoutnowomgoutout and start getting all fussy. And worked up and disappointed you didn't get it dammit etc. So set a stop date, don't think past it. You will go omg I can't get out self-defeat ack.

Give their side some time to do their job. Assert yourself calmly when you're closer to the stop date. "Hey Jane. This is Eisa. Remember we spoke on Jan 10 about me getting some assitance to have my own place? I'd like to check up on the status of that. It's really getting harder for me here [it is, so say it] I'm really anxious [normal anxious not squirrely anxious] to find my own place." Blargel gimme time. "Ok, Jane. Can I call you in a week, like around Feb 3 or 4? I know monthly budgets would be ironed out by then [this is true]" Sure blargle bye.

Shit, write a script out if you want. IF they've got you something NOW, do the happy dance! If they've got something very soon, do the happy dance! If they're taking longer than you want, ASSERT yourself.

But I am VERY VERY impressed. This is such a progress jump I've got the sniffles. (I'm NOT kidding).
        Are you searching for doctor help too? Gen doc and psych doc? Meh, get the housing going. Once you're in, doctor stuff.

Go Eisa!!!!!
        In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
        She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

^^^^^ SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I know this won't help in your situation, Eisa, since your (hopefully) future roomie already has a cat and it's fluffy. But my stepdaughter also is allergic to cats, which made her pretty miserable in our home when she was growing up - I have a cat who has short hair but sheds a lot, and my SD moved in with us later; she did take meds for all kinds of allergies. Now she's married and her husband is a cat lover...so they went looking for a breed that is very easy on the allergies, and found Bengals. They now have two, a female who is over a year old and a male who is still a kitten but growing fast. They're really cute and SD tolerates them very well.
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
          X