Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh No! It's the New Year's Resolutions Thread!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, things for 2012:

1. Pass all my classes with a B or higher - especially since the program regards anything less than a B to be failing and will drop you.

2. Lose weight. Yeah, the old standby. I did the Dukan diet for about 2-3 months and lost 16 pounds, but my household put all diets on hold between thanksgiving and Christmas, and about 5 of those have snuck back. We're restarting next payday.

3. No new yarn purchases until at least June. I just finished organizing my living room stash about 30 minutes ago and was stunned at what was there. I have half again as much in my bedroom, so yeah - this is getting used before any more comes in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2191491561.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	2030020

Comment

• get my life in general more organized
      • rebuild my savings now that I have a job, and own my own home
      • loose about 75 pounds total
      • eat better even then I am now...less processed more homemade
      • cut back on my soda intake
      • declutter my book shelves
      • use the computer less
      • finish writing my dang book ><
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

I never keep my serious resolutions (all the typical--save more money, exercise more, eat better) so I just make fun ones now.

I will drink more craft beer.
        I will spend more time playing with my dog.
        I will spend more time outside enjoying what nice weather we do have in Texas.

On that note, I'm going to go to the dogpark that serves craft beer.

Comment

I don't make resolutions, at least not New Year's. I just know I have to really start doing what I feel is best for myself...and let the chips fall where they may. My friend always does a word of the year and she's pestering me to do one (lol...there's a surprise, someone pestering me)...but if I do choose a word it's going to be "Change".
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

My resolutions:

1) Break my seemingly-endless weight-loss plateau. I started about three years ago, and so far I've lost about 100lbs. Last year wasn't very helpful though, as I was only losing maybe 1lb a month. I still have dozens more lbs to go. Need to figure out how to pick up the pace.

2) Finish my novel, or at least get close to it. I did NaNoWriMo this year, which got me most of the way through draft 1. I want to finish what I started, because I like (for the most part) what I've written so far.

3) Learn to make chain maille jewelry. It looks like fun. Also, I wouldn't mind selling some of my jewelry as well, but that's a low-priority thing. Resolutions 1 and 2 are most important to me.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I dont tend to make resolutions as such, but keeping in the spirit of this thread.

*learn to play "Moonlight Sonata" on piano - I've had the sheet music for years and can play the first 8 bars, but thats as far I've gotten.

*Try Archery - Always wanted to try it

*Improve my baking skills

*Keep up the gym workouts - and the biking

*run the 4km Mothers Day Classic (raises money for breast cancer research)

*be able to bend my finger again - I severed the tendons in my little finger and 4 months post reattachement, I still cant bend properly

*Be happy with myself

But my most heartfelt desire for 2012 is for my sister to complete her Chemotherapy and be cleared of breast cancer.

"When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
              "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
              "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

I don't do resolutions, I do goals. I'm actually fairly good at it I blogged some how-to stuff for goal setting a few days ago.

Professional goals:

I am writing and finishing 3 novels this year. Amaria, Urban Fae and Cthulhu Penguin are the titles I am finishing and submitting to publishers.

I am writing, finishing and publishing a short-story every month of 2012. I am continuing in the worlds of the first two stories that are published and will be collected into an omnibus edition for each of the worlds at the end of the year.

Personal goals:

I am visiting Jillybean in New York.

I am going to continue working with my doctors to find out what the heck is wrong with me and I will seek professional help if my phobias block my ability to do this.

I am walking for 30 minutes 5 days a week.

I am adjusting my cooking and snacking to make what I eat healthier.

These changes will contribute to the loss of about 1 pound a week, with an over-all goal of losing 50 pounds in 2012.
                "I'm starting to see a pattern in the men I date" - Miss Piggy, Muppet Treasure Island

I'm writing!! Check out the blog.

Comment

The only resolution I kept from last year was hike 3 more 4000'ers, so that is the only one I'll make this year
                  "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                  "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I never make New Year's resolutions. The last time I made one was back when I had a job and a friend said I should make one. So my resolution then was to "wear more animal print in the coming year."

I was able to hold to that, so hey. Yay me.

Maybe I should seriously resolve to "screw off less." That would actually be a good one for me.

Comment

Up until recently, I had a couple of New Year's resolutions.

First one...was to pay off the car. I'm tired of making payments on it, and have been paying multiple months' worth at a time. Within another month, it'll be paid for. I'll then run it as long as possible

Second one...is to make my workbench look less like a used-car lot, and finally get around to finishing several of the long-term projects. Including a certain '58 Chevy that's taken the better part of 20 years, and it still isn't painted! Behind that, is my '58 Chrysler 300D conversion, a couple of rally cars, fire trucks, about a dozen sports cars, and other things I'm tired of looking at.
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Mine are fairly simple, as at least that way I might keep up with them.
                        First one is to actually start using the crosstrainer I bought last year on a regular basis (at least five minutes a day to start with, building up as time passes), and not as a clothes horse this time.
                        Second one is to build the giant sandpit/stream in the backyard for my children (which will take months and lots of effort, but should be worth it). Plans are done, so it's just down to the hard work phase.

Comment

my goals for this year:

Get to work on time (since oct i've been averaging 15 mins late)

Experiment in the kitchen more - esp. baking

get finances straightened out (christmas hit my bank account like a mac truck)

get my wrist tattoos

go to more spiritual work shops

find a more subdued way to flirt, b/c apparently "subtle as nuke" is a little off-putting
                          I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Two resolutions:

1. To lose five pounds a month until this ferschlugginer excess weight is gone.
                            2. To finish writing my novel. I started it in 2007 and have struggled with writer's block for a very long time. Don't know if I'll ever publish it, but I just want to see if I can write it.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

In the spirit of two of my resolutions, I have a more or less personal Spanish tutor and some sort of listen and learn Bulgarian CD that Lizziebeff found for me and got a belly dancing learner thing.

Yep. I'm awesome.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Okay, okay, you dragged me out of the woodwork. :-)

I started mine a month early. Lose weight and save more money/pay off my car sooner. I got my job at the Night Place back and it's already helped out after a month. Around the same time, I started working out and with more access to produce and healthy stuff (Night Place is a grocery store), I've been eating healthier too.
                                Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

Working...
                                X