X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
    Try being a childfree woman.
    Yep. Ask my friend Mouse about this. While she and her ex-husband got divorced for a variety of reasons, one of them was the unusual situation that HE wanted children and SHE didn't. Not the usual setup, after all.

And in other news....there is no other news. Still no contact from said woman, nor any other women. Yay me! I am so popular.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      Yep. Ask my friend Mouse about this. While she and her ex-husband got divorced for a variety of reasons, one of them was the unusual situation that HE wanted children and SHE didn't. Not the usual setup, after all.

And in other news....there is no other news. Still no contact from said woman, nor any other women. Yay me! I am so popular.
      Their loss.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Still no contact from said woman, nor any other women. Yay me! I am so popular.
        You could text me, you know.

Sure, I have to go to work on occasion, and every once in a while I actually manage to get some sleep, but eventually I'd text you back.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Their loss.
          While this is unquestionably true, it does nothing to alleviate my current single status or dry spell. LOL!

Quoth Becks View Post
          You could text me, you know.

Sure, I have to go to work on occasion, and every once in a while I actually manage to get some sleep, but eventually I'd text you back.
          When I said "no contact from any woman" I meant in a romantic sense, on that site or in my life in general. I have plenty of female friends and coworkers and have, of course, had contact with them.

And I do text you from time to time when I have something to say.

Still A Customer."

Comment

I was about to say you could text me, too!

They're missing out on the Awesome that is Jester. -shakes head-
            "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
            "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
            Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Come on, ladies! Let's rent a bus and drive down to Key West. Some Florida sunshine and a date with Jester...who's with me?
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I've been contacted by an 18 year old who seems pretty chill...but she's still in high school and that feels pretty weird to me.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I'm with you MoonCat! Let's get our drink on!
                  Jester: you are so full of awesome. ^_^
                  Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                  Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

How did they manage to get married without having that conversation? Or did she realize she didn't want kids after they got married? I bust out that (potential) dealbreaker by the third date so no one wastes their time. My favorite response was "thank goodness, I was trying to decide when to tell you I'm fixed!"

I wouldn't worry about the lack of contacts, around here it isn't "dating season" yet, meaning people are sticking with their current partner to get thru the holidays, Valentine's Day and winter in general.
                    I had one friend that all he did was extend the radius of the distance he was willing to travel for a date and that got him a lot more contacts on the site he was using. One really awsome gal that lived just a mile outside of his original radius.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                      Come on, ladies! Let's rent a bus and drive down to Key West. Some Florida sunshine and a date with Jester...who's with me?
                      High-five! Sounds good to me!
                      "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                      "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                      Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                        When I said "no contact from any woman" I meant in a romantic sense, on that site or in my life in general. I have plenty of female friends and coworkers and have, of course, had contact with them.
                        I know. I was just having fun.

Quoth Jester View Post
                        And I do text you from time to time when I have something to say.
                        That is true.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        Keep the sun away from me and I'll ride shotgun.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post
                          How did they manage to get married without having that conversation? Or did she realize she didn't want kids after they got married?
                          I don't know. She and I never got into the specifics of it. Perhaps he knew that going in, and he hoped she'd change her mind. (That very thing happened with my friend Pilot and his wife...he never wanted kids....and now they have one, and he couldn't be happier.) Or perhaps she didn't really know at the time they got married. Again, I don't know the specifics, so can't really comment on this.

Quoth auntiem View Post
                          I had one friend that all he did was extend the radius of the distance he was willing to travel for a date and that got him a lot more contacts on the site he was using. One really awsome gal that lived just a mile outside of his original radius.
                          If I lived back home in Phoenix, I would do this. I don't. I live in Key West. To understand the problem, check googlemaps and see where I am. And understand that I am using a 50 mile radius, which in reality here is a one hour drive each way. Basically making my radius as far out as Marathon. Since I really don't have any interest in dating or starting a relationship with a girl in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area, a good 3-4 hour drive from here. (Seriously. Check the maps. You'll understand quickly.)

Quoth Becks View Post
                          I know. I was just having fun.
                          I know. Me too.

Still A Customer."

Comment

A 50 mile radius is about as far as I'd do too. The friend in my example had a very small radius to start with - I think he went with the default one (don't know for sure). We are so close to the border that I think he was trying to make sure he didn't include Canada.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                              I can steal borrow my boss/buddy's 40' Prevost, make a swing up into the Northwest (picking up Eisa). RootedPhoenix, you wanna ride? and head east across the frozen zone...
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                                Just the ladies? I feel left out.

Just remember, Jester, a gay man will still blow you even AFTER you are married. lol
                                "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
                                X