This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its the little things

Just so much sadness around here lately, and frankly, what I find cheers me up is to just find something, no matter how small, and be happy about it. There's always a light in the darkness, no matter how small, you know.

So, not sure if it will help. But even still, always good to just stop and think for a moment.

What's something that you guys are happy over, or have to be grateful about? (sorry to sound all Thanksgiving there :P )
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

- The wind and the rain! It's been so hot here lately, and there have been almost no breezes so it's a lovely change.

- My garden, because it's so bright and happy. I'm picking one or two Papa Meilland roses everyday, and their gorgeous scent fills the house. There are lots of Cosmos, Oregano, Basil, Yarrow, Dianthus, Thyme, Rosemary, Rose, Sunflower, Gazania, and Snapdragon flowers blooming, and they always make me smile
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I too am kind of struck by all the problems that have been cropping up here. I wonder if it is working retail specifically or just modern society that causes so many people anxiety and stress. I am glad people feel they can come here to express it.

Lots of things make me happy! Here's a few that are free and pretty easy to obtain:

* Simon's Cat videos on Youtube

* While writing, starting on a new, fresh blank page

* The nice feeling at work that I helped someone find the thing they wanted

* Birds at the bird feeder (and my cat bonking the window when she tries to get them)

* Blasting heavy metal (or your choice of music) in the car at top volume
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

This makes me happy. Those are the toys we collected last month for Toys for Tots. About 350 children got toys under their tree that would not have otherwise.
        Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
        Save the Ales!
        Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

My best friend. We're 1700 miles away, but we're never more than a text away from each other. And we will always respond. Getting the text about her surprise Christmas present I sent her through the mail put the biggest smile on my face.

Comment

The Starbucks guy (when I see him, which has been once so far this year...)
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
              This makes me happy. Those are the toys we collected last month for Toys for Tots. About 350 children got toys under their tree that would not have otherwise.
              That's freaking AWESOME, dude!
              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I should add one more thing. There are about 100+ people there having a good time. Take a look at some of the other pictures.

It feel good to know that you made a difference.
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I just found four songs on YouTube from an album I loved since my husband played me a few years ago but the album is very hard to get hold of since it was a pressing on a small label (Myrrh) in the early 70s that dealt in Christian music. The album is kinda delicate now and fuzzes on the high notes. It would cost anywhere between 50-300 pounds to replace due to it's rarity.

It's good album and does have mild christian overtones but not hiting you with a anvil type and the music and singer are great. I'm not christian, agnostic at best.

So happy *dances*
                  As soon as I start thinking
                  That I'm sensible and sane
                  The Random Hedgehog comes along
                  And fiddles with my Brain
                  (from card I got)

Comment

My cats.

My husband.

My cats, turning my husband into their bitch.

Skiing.

SNO!

Interesting wines.

Great customers.

CS Chat and all its denizens.

My friends, both online and off.

Baking.

Cooking.

Clean sheets (yay!)

and of course...

My cats, especially when they turn my husband into their bitch.

Comment

My children, siblings and cousins choosing to keep me as an active part of their lives for the last 25 years.

When they had damn good reasons not to.
                      Last edited by dalesys; 01-13-2012, 01:33 AM. Reason: added reasons
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                        My children, siblings and cousins choosing to keep me as an active part of their lives for the last 25 years.
                        That's awesome and it's what I hope for as well.
                        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Finishing Carol Berg's Collegia Magica trilogy. Gods, that woman can write!!

The very mild winter we've had so far. Temps have been in the 30's and 40's and even a few 50's. Sure it's going to snow eventually, but we've already had a month nearly snow-free.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Little things are often times what make me feel better too. My cats - even when they act like little assholes from time to time, they make me smile. Also love coffee every day, having things I make (food or art) turn out well. Of course, my friends when they're not also being a pain in the ass. My friends and my cats are often times the ones that keep me from falling irrecoverably into darkness.

Comment

My children. The older two playing on their new bunk bed that Hubby and I put together tonight, and the baby whenever she smiles and giggles.

Also my Hubby, for just sitting with me in the pantry the other night with the door shut, no questions asked, as we talked about random stuff. (Yes, we're weird.)
                              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                              X