This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripe persimmons.

And giving unripe ones to unsuspecting friends.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

All you wonderful people here.

Touching the pretty fabrics.

Making awesome quilts out of the "ugly" fabrics.

Getting complimented on my kid's behavior.

Good clients
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Meeting wonderful new people.

Planning a cross-country (U.S.) trip and planning to meet as many CS members as I can.

Petting my kitty.

Seeing someone admire the earrings I made, and enjoy wearing them.

Planning to fly to Fiji with a friend. I read that one good way to get what you want is to act as if you've already received some of it, and you're wondering what to do next. My friend and I had a DELIGHTFUL time talking about flying first-class to Fiji, spending a month there, then on the way back, two weeks in Singapore and two weeks in Thailand.

Comment

Just being happy, having spent the last two years fighting to feel anything at some points, just being able to be happy is wonderful
          Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

Being able to keep the suicidal ideas under control.

Having developed little 'diversion' paths of thought, so that when I start thinking loops like 'I'm ugly and useless and everyone would be better off without me', I have the diversion 'I'm in a depressive delusion, this series of thoughts can't be trusted, get online and talk to someone'.

... and having people I can talk to.
            Seshat's self-help guide:
            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

@Seshat: You constantly show how much you care for people by trying to help them online and so I can't imagine you being anything other than beautiful.
              Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

To crush my enemies, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Oh, and also quoting buff Austrians quoting ancient warlords, that's pretty awesome, too.

Comment

Wednesday night.

On Wednesday night, I pick up my box of Magic decks and go down to the local gaming club, where I sit at a table with a few old friends and a bunch of younger players and cardflop for hours.

We play cards, we talk, we laugh, we (well, some of us older ones) drink beer, we have fun.

If it wasn't for Wednesday night at the club, I would have stripped my gears LONG ago.
                  "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth Mishi View Post
                    @Seshat: You constantly show how much you care for people by trying to help them online and so I can't imagine you being anything other than beautiful.
                    People who say things like this.

Anna's psychiatrist told her that depression can often trigger actual delusions - as in, you honestly, totally, truly believe whatever it is. Mine include those (I do have others).

It was very difficult to train myself to recognise that the delusions are delusions, not reality, and that I have to trust other people's judgement instead of mine when they trigger. Also, that it has to be only trustworthy people!

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Thanks I've been there, and it's not fun. Rugz helps a lot, even now that I don't feel down very often. He's one of those blokes that takes it as a compliment when people flirt with me, and reminds me of the nice things that people say.

Rugz makes me smile, especially when he's being sweet. I also love his effect on birds (the avian kind). He chats with the butcher bird family and teaches the babies some new songs. Magpies adore him; he was throwing dog biscuits to a baby one and ended up with a flock of 30+ adults and juveniles landing around him so they could be fed and 'talk' to him.
                      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

Having a chance to break out the snowthrower early in the morning to suprise my neighbour by clearing his driveway.

The dogs aka the comedy act.

Getting up to go to a job I (mostly) enjoy and helping the people there.

This community with all their support and Christmas cards.

My new and slightly dysfunctional family and sisters that I first met at 42.

John Fogarty and Bob Seger concerts.

Every sunrise, as there have been times that I've been pretty close to not seeing another one.

B
                        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                        I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Mishi View Post
                          Rugz makes me smile, especially when he's being sweet. I also love his effect on birds (the avian kind). He chats with the butcher bird family and teaches the babies some new songs. Magpies adore him; he was throwing dog biscuits to a baby one and ended up with a flock of 30+ adults and juveniles landing around him so they could be fed and 'talk' to him.
                          Dancer is the King of the cuttlefish.

Every time he goes to the Melbourne Aquarium, all the cuttlefish in their exhibit crowd to be as close as possible to where he is. It's the craziest sight!

Comment

Heh, my daughter got that with the penguins at the Mystic Aquarium when she was three. See attached photo for my favorite shot.
                            Attached Files
                            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                              Heh, my daughter got that with the penguins at the Mystic Aquarium when she was three. See attached photo for my favorite shot.
                              Daaaawwwww!

In another note, my daughter is now flailing because she "wants to meet Happy Feet too!"
                              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

The amazing clear golden-pink light on the snow outside, contrasting with a sky the blue of infinity that is wisped with cloud. (It's -30C so I most certainly do not wish to BE outside, but the beauty of the day astonishes me).

I am also most grateful and happy to have a day off today, in my warm quiet apartment, and to have the skill and materials to cook myself some delicious food

Quoth Mishi View Post
                                I so very much agree with this Seshat, you are a beautiful person, there can be no doubt whatsoever. Your compassion, empathy and generosity of spirit shine through every post; your frankness in sharing your own frustrations and pain make the hope you voice resonate all the more strongly.
                                Last edited by Ree; 01-20-2012, 02:11 AM. Reason: Merging consecutive posts

Comment

Working...
                                X