X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Der Cute View Post
    Holy cow, Yes I do!
    Working at Sears back in..oh..1993 (god), I had a few customers who had the original Sears card. A card smaller than normal credit cards, with only raised numbers, and no magnetic strips. You had to put a card on a carbon copy thingy, put the paper on top and slide the thing sideways to imprint the number on the paper. God.

We're old.
    Heck, I still HAVE my old Sears card! And Joske's, and Dillard's, both of which are defunct around here.

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
    And of course, there was always Diner's Club, which is still in existence but we didn't have the card and I don't remember anyone else having one, yet they had signs on every door too I remember when Discover was new, as well.
    I never had a Diner's Club, but I did process a few when I worked retail back in the late '70s early '80s. I got my Discover card when it was still pretty new. It was introduced in '85, and I've had mince since '87. Yeah, I'm old.
    Last edited by Primer; 01-23-2012, 08:46 PM. Reason: dern typos
    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I had to use those old timey-wimey card imprinting machines in a couple of jobs I had in the early 90s. As late as the mid-2000s at least one office I went to was still using one, as they preferred check or cash payments over credit cards.

I've never had a Discover card but I've been with one credit card company since 1989. (It's not the only card I have, it's just the company I've dealt with the longest.)
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
      X