This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems Legit

Just for laughs, here's the text of a fax we received at work the other day (all errors of spelling, grammar, etc, left intact):

"My name is Ms Jumai Abdullah, a national of Republic of Libya and a former director of accounts with the former government of Libya under the leadership of Late Col Gadhafi. I am seeking your assistance to partner with me to secure the funds ($52M) kept in the custody of a finance house here in Luxemburg by one of Gadhafi's family member. Being a close confidant to the family, I am privy to a deposit made by a Gadhafi's family member during the start of the hostilities back in Libya. The deposit was not done in their name as they are aware of the mandate of the UNITED NATIONS to all financial institutions around the world to report any funds belonging to their family. I have all necessary details and contacts of claim to the funds as I am directly involved in the deposit. All I need to do is to move the funds out of its present place in your name to your account. This process will not cost you any money upfront. I decided to do this because I have no intention of returning back to Libya as I have been blacklisted as a prominent kitchen cabinet of the Gadhafi government therefore I am currently in self-exile here in Luxemburg. I will give you details when I receive your response. I will ensure all procedures to see the successful completion of this project. Be rest assured that this transaction is 100% risk free. Upon the completion of this transaction, you will transfer 70% of the funds to the account I will provide to you while 30% will be for you. My fax number is [...]..(goes on to give fax, email and cell phone). Please keep this very confidential. Let me know if you will be of assistance.
    (Signature)

Can't begin to count the lies...Best part is that if it was true, what this person is proposing is theft.

I was tempted to email back: "How's the weather in your part of Nigeria today?"
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    a prominent kitchen cabinet

Ummmm, well I'm sure her mother is very proud.
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

We got the same fax at work on Monday. We had a good laugh about the 'prominent kitchen cabinet' bit.

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
        We got the same fax at work on Monday. We had a good laugh about the 'prominent kitchen cabinet' bit.
        I have to wonder where they got the idea that is an impressive thing to claim to be.

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
          Quoth strawbabies View Post
          I have to wonder where they got the idea that is an impressive thing to claim to be.
          If you were going to brag about being something found in a kitchen, why would you brag about being a cabinet?

Wouldn't being a prominent marble countertop carry a bit more cachet?
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitchen_Cabinet

Well, here's where the term originated. Nigerian scammers have apparently heard the term but really don't understand how to use it...
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
            X