This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rather funny, really

I asked a guy I met last November if he would "like" one of my Facebook pages (dealing with my new business enterprise). He did so, immediately.

This morning, I thanked him (in chat) for doing it, and we got to chatting about going out with friends, and how I don't go to smoking venues. He assumed that I must spend a lot of time at home, how he wouldn't see his friends if he didn't go to smoking venues, etc.

Well, this got on my nerves. I told him plainly that my choices are mine; I don't have to explain myself, or apologize, to anyone for these choices. He agreed - and then he went right back on the topic!

I told him that the conversation was over.

He asked me where the non-smoking venues were, or was that part of the conversation that was over? I replied that, yes, it was part of the conversation.

A few minutes later, when checking the page for my business, I discovered that I had one LESS "like" vote.

Yes, you guessed it. When I refused to talk further about the subject of smoking vs. non-smoking venues, he went to the page and removed his vote.

I thought about this for a moment. Obviously, this is extremely petty behavior. He was still online, and I could have asked him about it. I didn't care, though. It also occurred to me that he might send me a message; "See what I did? This is what you get for not talking to me!" or something like that.

So I took him off my list of friends. Hell of a way to find out something like this about someone, but better sooner than later.

Wow. Way to act like a 10-year-old there, dude. O.o 'Waaaaaaaaah! Eireann won't debate with me about smoking vs. non-smoking! Well, I'll just unlike the page! That'll show how awesome I am and how uncool it is to ignore me! Nyeh!'
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Hell, I've had co-workers that refused to work with me because I didn't agree with their stance on smoking vs. non-smoking. Apparently being moderately against smoking wasn't fanatical enough for them (in either direction).
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Yeah, and the conversation wasn't even about smoking, really. He just couldn't grasp why I make my decisions, and he kept harping on it. Even if he didn't see it, he was trying to get me to defend my position.

If his social life is so active, why did I see him on Facebook chat almost all the time?

Comment

You mean Facebook chat is not an active social life?

Damn, that's where I've been going wrong then.
          A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Working...
          X