This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to do it!

After much dithering, I'm going to self-publish my book. There's no point in contacting any more agents, in my opinion. Maybe this will get me some kind of deal; maybe it won't. Either way, at least I won't have an unpublished book languishing in my hard drive.

If anyone has any more advice before I take the plunge, feel free to share it!

Advice: share the link with us when it's up, some of us like new stuff to buy and read!
    I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

I have a friend who has written some children's books, and she used an independent publisher. Here's the link to it. There is some upfront cost, but she's made money on it. That's not the reason she did it, but it's a nice bonus.

http://www.reimannbooks.com/#/publis...nfo/4546530425
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Have you considered setting up a Kickstarter campaign to fund it?

It might not be successful, but it's certainly worth a shot.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It's going to be an e-book; no initial costs. Sure, I'll send the link to anyone who wants it!

Comment

Are you going through Amazon's Kindle store? I have heard they are easy to work with and have a great deal for writers (I think it's 30/70).
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Yes, Kindle and smashwords (which publishes in every format except Kindle).

Comment

Regarding publishing an e-book, you might want to look into the hubbub around Apple and 6 publishers being hit with charges for price-fixing in the sphere. I'm not sure whether the fallout will make the actual authors better or worse off.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

How does one use Kickstarter? I've got a couple of plays I'd love to see produced or turned to movies.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                    How does one use Kickstarter? I've got a couple of plays I'd love to see produced or turned to movies.
                    I think you need a business plan, and then you put it to the people on the site and they decide if the business plan is good enough to work, then they post it and people can sponsor the plan. Is there not a FAQ?
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Best of luck Eireann!
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                      X