Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad has home video of me on one of my first outings to an aquarium. Little me was there, hands on the glass, going 'Ook at the fishie!!' going 'tap tap tap tap tap' and basically pestering this fish that I remember looked funny, mottled skin and as if it had teeth...annoying the fish incessantly until WHOOOOOOOSH the fish suddenly EXPANDED to like the SIZE OF MY HEAD AND THEN LARGER and little me screamed and ran for her life.

The sound of my mum and dad's laughter followed me out of shot.

It was a pufferfish of some kind...
    "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

When my dad was little, his mother had a pet duck, Samantha Marmaduke VonFelix, dad says that duck used to peck at his diaper and he hated that d*&% duck.
      A few years ago the movie Pacifier came out (with Vin Diesel) and the duck "Gary" bites Vin's ear, we had to pause the movie so we could laugh - and dad just rolled his eyes and was like "yeah yeah yeah"

My birthday in 2010 went down to the trails around one of the lakes around town, and we were just walking along, when there is this goose (and he was HUGE) and he was on one side of the path, and we gave him wide berth as we walked along.... then got to a point where we needed to turn around, and we're coming up on the goose,(who is now on the path) and he starts flaring his wings... the (now ex) Bf put his hands up like you do with people (i'm unarmed!) and that really pissed the bird off; I told him to put his hands down and to step back slowly... apparently there was a small puddle of water on the path that the goose had decided he wanted a drink out of, and we got too close, once he was drinking, we walked around him, (going behind him - and as far from him as we could) I kept looking over my shoulder, sure that the goose was gonna follow us....
      I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

There were quite a few peacocks that freely roamed the World of Dreams (or Nightmares for cast members). Well there were, until many of the peacocks decided to establish their authority with a number of the attractions. A peacock playing chicken with the train wasn't pretty. Peacock versus the saltwater crocodiles on their feeding day, who do you think won. But we lost about 8 peacocks to the game I called "Peacock versus Tower".

The game was played thusly. One peacock would jump on to the tower track 3 metres above the ground. He would then turn to face the tunnel where he knows his enemy resides. The alarm would sound, then the beast would emerge. What do you think the peacocks chances were against a 2 ton vehicle travelling up to 160 km/hr? I know I had to call in a clean up twice from the ride that circled below the tower track. It took some time, but the level of male peacocks did replenish. I left before the game started again with the new batch.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
          Uh oh. That sounds like story time, Firecat...
          I was going to wait to see if anyone else wanted to hear it, but I'll tell it since you asked.

This was a different zoo, of the non-petting variety. I was about...oh...6 or 7 at the time. My family and I were just walking around, looking at stuff, and we came upon a tiger in a cage. Now, this tiger was already being observed by another group, and the guide was telling them about him.

Before we came up, the tiger was just lounging about. The minute he saw me, though, he stood up. A couple seconds later, he began pacing. The entire time, he eyes were fixed on me. Every now and again, he would run at the bars of the cage and, at one point, snarl. According to the guide, the issue was that the tiger didn't like my shiny metal walker. To this day, no idea if that was true or not.

So that's my weird, slightly terrifying tiger story. And, naturally, tigers are still my favorite animals.
          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
          X