This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Tails . . . Volume 1

Well, it's been about 3 weeks now since Charlie came here and, she's still with us. And becoming quite spoiled (don't ask me how that's happened. . . I don't know. )

And yes, she's in here, watching me from the sofa while I'm typing this. She's had quite an eventful weekend. . . .

Friday Night:

Mom and I head out for a quick run to Wallyworld around 9:30. Didn't make it home until after 11. And I was already whipped (been up since 4 that morning, went to work from 6-11 that morning and had been gung ho on the house all afternoon - no nap but plenty of vacuuming and washing.)

What does Miss Charlie do in the meantime? I thought she was asleep on the bed, but apparently she managed to get hold of 2 rolls of toilet paper from the bathroom and chew them up IN THE MIDDLE OF MY FRESHLY WASHED QUILT!!!

In addition to that, if it weren't enough, one of my decorative pillows was torn up as well. At least it wasn't one of the two that match my bedroom pattern . . .

Charlie didn't like it when I ordered her off my bed so I could get the mess cleaned up (part of the shredded toilet paper was also scattered on the carpet at the foot of the bed.) She finally got the hint after I pointed toward the door and ordered her to get down . . . and slunk off to the kitchen with her head hung down. She slept in the kitchen the rest of the night.

Saturday:

Charlie behaved herself all day long. She got to stay outside since it was a gorgeous day (sunny and in the upper 70's after the clouds moved out.) She managed to slip back into the bedroom when I got ready to sleep . . .

Sunday:

Guess who wakes me up around 3:15 a.m. wanting to go out, even though my brother took her out twice last night?

Three guesses, first two don't count . . .

Nevermind I have to be back up at 5 so I can get to work at 7 . . . so I get up, put my shoes and robe on and grab the leash.

Get out onto the front porch and there was a stray cat in the front yard. Next thing I know, Charlie is lunging trying to fly off the porch to chase the cat - I'm tugging with the leash trying to get her to go across the front porch and down the ramp at the side of the house. I finally won that battle, but I'm still working with trying to get her to WALK when I've got the leash and not RUN. She doesn't do this with my brother . . . just me.

She finally found a spot, took care of business and we were back in the house by 3:30. And of course, she gets on the bed and starts rolling and wanting to play when I'm wanting to go back to sleep . . .

Later on, I'd come home from work to find out from Mom that my brother left the bathroom door open - again - and Charlie helped herself to a couple more rolls of TP and scattered them all over the bed. Luckily my brother cleaned that up . . . I guess he didn't want to hear my mouth.

Bonus (aka WWF - Feline Smackdown):

Charlie couldn't stay outside today because it's chilly and raining (still raining but the rain is supposed to be gone tonight) so she's been hanging out indoors.

So has Stan (the old gray cat who's still around.) Stan was in the laundry room when I came in the back door . . . and walked with me into the kitchen. Charlie wasn't in there, so I was trying to get Stan to go back into the laundry room before she heard me and came running . . .

Too late. Charlie comes into the kitchen, sees Stan as I'm trying to pick him up. Charlie comes toward Stan. Stan starts squirming in my arms (I got poked in the top of the hand) and in one movement, let out a loud HIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSS and PIMPSLAPS the dog on the nose!

Charlie backed back a little and I quickly got Stan back into the laundry room and shut the door. Checked on the dog's nose and couldn't find any scratch, so I don't think it was bad enough to draw any blood. She quickly got over it when Mom cooked her a hamburger and fixed some french fries.

Score for that round:

Stan -1
    Charlie - 0

Stay tuned . . . I'm sure Charlie will find more to get into.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

The mental image of the cat slapping Charlie made me laugh so hard! Ah, sounds like Charlie's middle name should be "Trouble" though! Also, it's possible Stan kept his claw retracted. Cats are smart like that, and know when to claw and when to just slap.
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

My parent's white spotted mountain lion muscular giant housecat used to do that with their Chow. The first shot was always a warning shot, and made an awful "Thump" on the Chow's nose, but never drew blood on the first shot. The Chow was still several times the cat's size, but still learned to leave that cat alone if that was the greeting.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

my cat learned very eraly never to use claws on anything....except furniture of course.

my neighbor got a new puppy that is easily 1/10 the size of my cat and she was walking the puppy and I pulled into the driveway to see the ower of my house (IE the cat), sitting on the steps waiting for me.

I see my neighbor too, and go over to chat with her...the cat of course has to greet mommy and investigate this new creature in his yard...

tuxie (the cat) sniffed at it arched his back then looked at me...I said "thats a baby tuxie"

the cat then proceeded to start playing with it, bu no claws...

the funniest bit though was when neighbor was trying to teach the dog to walk with a leash (this puppy is maybe 6 weeks old), and I said "get him moving tuxie..."

and the cat swatted the puppies bottom (still no claws), and the puppy jumped a foot in the air and started walking while tuxie just walked away.
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Working...
        X