This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiny new forum member!

Well, the "shiny" bit may be a little bit of an exaggeration, but I am new. Um, anyhow, I'm a recent escapee from the world of Customer Service, having just moved from London to San Francisco on a student visa that more or less prohibits me from working even if I wanted to. I worked weekends for a year and a half in a chemist (that's a drugstore to anyone in the US) and in the end was counting down the hours until I got on the flight. I've been lurking around the boards for a while now, and have only recently worked up the nerve to actually join, and have some fun. So yeah, Hi all!
    "If life ain't just a joke, then why are we laughing?" - Gerard Way

Hi JessEm!

Welcome to the boards! Love the avatar btw - that's Inara from Firefly, right?
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth JessEm View Post
      just moved from London to San Francisco on a student visa <snip>I worked weekends for a year and a half in a chemist
      Welcome JessEm.

My uncle lives in Berkeley - interesting town and very pretty. Are you going to school there or actually over in San Francisco?

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

Quoth iradney View Post
        that's Inara from Firefly, right?
        Yes. Yes, it is.

Are you going to school there or actually over in San Francisco?
        I'm actually going to school here in Berkeley. Although, going to school in San Francisco would be nice - at least then I'd have an excuse for all the time I spend over there. :P
        "If life ain't just a joke, then why are we laughing?" - Gerard Way

Comment

Welcome, JessEm!!
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
          X