This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You dumbass....

I'm covering at one of my two most-hated accounts today, the one I've dubbed "Phone Hell." Thankfully it's been pretty quiet today.

Except that a few minutes ago I got a call to the direct line to this office from the local constabulary. They said they'd just received a 911 hang-up from xxx-xxx-xxxx at [this office's address] and needed to know if there was a problem.

I told them I knew of no emergency and that no one had called the Emergency Line. I ended up transferring them to the our contact in security to let them handle it and I haven't heard back.

Folks....if you accidentally call 911 - and considering that many company phones require you to dial 9 and then you have to dial 1 for long-distace it's a very easy mistake - don't just hang up on them. Explain what happened and that there is no emergency. Hanging up just forces them to have to investigate, and could result in a visit from the police. Finding out it was just a dumbass annoys them, wastes their valuable time, and creates a needless disruption.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.
Working...
X