This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird customers

a week or 2 ago I was pulling a pallet of stuff from the backroom to its department,which unfortunately required me to possibly come into contact with customers. I try to avoid this at all costs and my job of working in the back makes this possible most of the time. anyway an old lady was in the aisle which I was trying to traverse and I politely said "excuse me,mam" and "thank you,mam" when she stepped aside so I could pass. as I passed she smiled and said "ill punish you later." I gave her the thumbs up and kept going. I was rather perplexed by her reply. she doesn't really count as a sucky customer,as she wasn't rude or hostile. just strange.

a week or so before that,i was on the sales floor for some other reason and some lady got my attention,and asked me if I knew where to buy weed. at this point I was wearing my work uniform,complete with name badge,so I obviously wasn't some other customer. I told her I did not,apologized and told her to have a nice night. people who shop on overnights are strange.

I think the first one was trying to flirt. Trying and failing.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yeah, that's what I got too. As for #2, wow. Desperate much?

Comment

I understood the flirting to an extent with the first. if shed been about 30 years younger I might have been flattered. as it was I was just confused.

the weed lady,yeah,desperate. for some reason people think I have weed,or at least know the local weed source. I don't. im a beer guy.

Comment

Yeah, the Saturday night shift is really weird where I work. I was working one night at my aquarium's gift shop and there were two incidents that night that still make me laugh.

First one happened to my coworker while she was covering me on my break. Apparently two teenage boys walked in, high as a kite. Going on about how, "This stooore is soooo aaaaawesooooommme..." I had just missed them when I came back from my break, which is unfortunate, seeing as my coworker was crying with laughter by the time they left.

Second event was about two hours later, as I'm answering questions for a couple who had just went through the aquarium. As I'm talking with them, a 20- something man sticks his head through the door and shouts, "Hey, Lady! Do you know where I can buy any beer in this mall?!" (Yes, this is an aquarium located in a mall) I answer that, since it'll be three years before I can legally drink, I can't help him. He runs off, leaving me and the nice couple I was speaking with speechless.

Although, once we had a second to think about what just happened, we couldn't stop laughing at him.
          Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
            "Hey, Lady! Do you know where I can buy any beer in this mall?!"
            You will make friends for life if you nose around a bit and find out the answer to this question - especially w/ holiday season here. I can't think of how many times I've just wanted to sit quietly and have a drink while the so/gf/friend(s) shop and shop.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
              You will make friends for life if you nose around a bit and find out the answer to this question - especially w/ holiday season here. I can't think of how many times I've just wanted to sit quietly and have a drink while the so/gf/friend(s) shop and shop.
              I later found out the answer to that question, though. As it turns out, absolutely no where in the mall do they sell any sort of alcohol. Not even in any of the chain restaurants we have around the place.
              Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Well,we are an aquarium,so can do you a very nice Bristol bream sherry...or a nice shot of cod-ka

And especially for the lads,we do have a selection of top-shelf XXX-rated prawn...
                The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
                  First one happened to my coworker while she was covering me on my break. Apparently two teenage boys walked in, high as a kite. Going on about how, "This stooore is soooo aaaaawesooooommme..." I had just missed them when I came back from my break, which is unfortunate, seeing as my coworker was crying with laughter by the time they left.
                  Oh man, I heard some guy going on and on to his friends on the bus one day. Imagine the stereotypical stoner voice with a Minnesota accent so strong you could practically see it hanging in the air.
                  "Duuuuuuude, the traaaiiler park? They have traaaailers there! I bet we could like, spend the night in a traiiiler with someone! We could just like, walk in, and like, sleep in their traiiiler! And I bet they have fooood! Oh, look, it's a grocery stooore! We could buy groceries! Yah, let's go to the stooore!"
                  I luckily have the ability to laugh silently and to appear, from the side, to be intently studying something out the window.
                  "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
                  Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

With the weed lady, you could try "playing innocent" and tell her "I thought I saw some dandelions growing in the planters outside".

Quoth backroomshocker View Post
                    for some reason people think I have weed,or at least know the local weed source. I don't. im a beer guy.
                    If they ask for it by a different street name (i.e. "bud"), you could direct them to the beer cooler.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                    X