Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank goodness for kindly customers ...

So it being the season of Gloria in Excess and all that, our tiny shop can get quite busy sometimes. It makes for great sales numbers but for those of us with an excitable temperament, it also makes for some ... interesting shifts.

I had just finished ringing out a rather large order the other day, and had put it all in one of our gigantic shopping bags. On our counters we have on display a gizmo that we sell that involves water and tea leaves ... and our display models usually contain both, so we can demonstrate them easily.

You can see where this is going, can't you ...

I pushed the bag across the counter to the purchaser without thinking. It hit a Loaded Gizmo and sent it hurtling off the counter, splashing water and tea leaves everywhere. Two customers were right in the path of the tsunami, but assured me they were fine, no problem. So then it was just a matter of trying to mop up the resulting mess from the floor (on both sides of the counter; I guess there was some backwash) and, oh heavens, off some shelves on the front of the counter that were loaded with wares ... an off-duty coworker who had come in for something helped on that part.

Oh, and continuing to try to help the customers who were lined up waiting for help as well, of course.

Memo to self: either move the damn Gizmos out of the area by the cash register, or at least LOOK before you go pushing large bags across the counter.

hehehehe. bt,dt.

Truly amazing the sheer square footage even the smallest amounts of liquids can cover, isn't it?

"excitable temperament" will hold a place in my euphemism lexicon henceforth, btw.

Comment

Working...
    X