Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been using reusable bags for better than 15 years in our household. I just bought some mesh bags to replace plastic produce bags ... when we make the move to Nevada we will be composting all our organics, and recycle binning all the metal, glass, plastic and meat comtaminated stuff that won't compost well. Rob is really into gardening and he checked the ground at our plot and it is fairly heavy on the clay and will need amendment with composted organics.

[He is also trying to figure out if we should go with an incinolet toilet that produces ash, and running all the grey water in the house through a filter and back into the ground as irrigation water. Speaking hazmatically we would need to change our household chemicals, and I am not sure I can find laundry products I am not allergic to that are biodegradable.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I go to fairs every year, every local fair that I can find, and you can pick up dozens of bags at those fairs. Vendors just love to advertise on reusable bags. Just this last summer alone, I must have gotten 30 bags! I'm donating a bunch of my older bags to a food bank who can use them, and next year when I get about 30 more bags, I'll cull them out again.
      Of course, I usually don't remember to bring them into the store, but I'm getting better about that. Really I am.

Comment

Can you put them in your car? Somewhere easy to remember?
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

My challenge is remembering to get them from apartment to car, and they get stacked right near the front door!
          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

If I know I'm going shopping, I usually hang them off of the front door handle. Once they're in the car, I pull them part-way through the handle of my backpack so that they get yanked out with it.

Yes, I do suffer from short-term memory problems. Why do you ask?
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
              Can you put them in your car? Somewhere easy to remember?
              They *are* in my car.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                Yes, I do suffer from short-term memory problems. Why do you ask?
                Why do I ask what?
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  Why do I ask what?
                  I don't know, what were you asking?
                  "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I don't know, what were you asking?
                    You know, about the thing.

Comment

Quoth Pixelated View Post
                      Customer: "But what are you going to do when somebody comes to the register with a cart full of groceries and they don't have a bag?"
                      "Put them in another cart. Like I said... not our problem!"

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                        You know, about the thing.
                        Thing?

Comment

Thing?
                          This thing?

Or maybe that other Thing?

Ooh! Ooh! I know! Maybe it was one of these Things!

"For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

There's only one Thing in my book...

Comment

Thing?
                              You know, the one in the song.

Comment

I sewed up a bunch of grocery bags out of remnants or fabric I got at Goodwill. I originally did this because a bag holding cans of soup broke, and not only did I end up with bruises on my foot I had to get down on hands and knees and fish the cans from under other vehicles. So, since this was the second time it had happened, I felt that it was time to put my sewing skills to use and sewed up a bunch of bags.

Comment

Working...
                                X