This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Eireann View Post
    It reappears at the top of the window, where you have the maximize/minimize features, but all you can do is minimize it; you can't enlarge it.
    Press the following keys, holding them down until you've pressed them all:

Alt, Spacebar, X

(keyboard shortcut to maximize)

To reverse the process:

Alt, Spacebar, R

Also: Alt, Spacebar, N will minimize a window.

That should work, if the program is set up to allow resizing/maximizing. Otherwise, try grabbing a corner and dragging to make it bigger.

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Nope, didn't work. I think I'll look at the monitor resolution.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
        docx files tend to be about half the size of doc files, in my experience.
        At the risk of sounding like a jerk (I'm not trying to I swear!) this is a weak argument broom. It's rare that you'll find a document short of a novel in the one megabyte size, let alone breaking the capacity bank of anything over the size of a floppy disk.

Can't really say the size thing justifies the hassle of dealing with the format change.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
          It's rare that you'll find a document short of a novel in the one megabyte size,
          I work at a publisher. We deal with large books. I think that you'll find your case is severely weakened.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            I work at a publisher. We deal with large books. I think that you'll find your case is severely weakened.
            Not as much as you think, as that is the exception, not the rule.

So nyah!
            I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

Not as much as you think, as that is the exception, not the rule.

So nyah!
              And yet, the very fact that the file is smaller, and is "more user friendly" hardly lends itself to the "it's crap" philosophy you'd earlier espoused. And vendor lock-in is hardly something you can pin on Microsoft alone. And in my experience, even trading .doc files between programs that can supposedly all handle them fine can create issues, so if it makes my job easier by making everyone use the same damned program, I'm all for it!

*cough* What was the original topic?

Comment

No luck on changing the size of the game window.

I also wonder why, when I unplug the headphones, I can't hear anything that's playing on the computer. Worked before; doesn't work now. I can use the headphones, but if I unplug them, no sound.

Comment

Go to control panel, then sound. It should give you a list of outputs. Try manually selecting your speakers to be default.

Comment

I'm working on it - it says that the sound is working as it should, but when I unplug the headphones, it says that the device isn't plugged in. I'm searching for driver updates now.

Comment

Did it! I needed a driver update (which doesn't surprise me, since I needed that driver to hook up to the Internet earlier). I did a driver search, it was installed, and the sound works with AND without the headphones!

Comment

Okay, here I am again.

This time, I was playing something with the headphones unplugged. I plugged the headphones back in so that I could listen through them.

The computer didn't like this, it seems. It wanted to know what device I had plugged in, just as earlier, it wanted to know what device I had unplugged. When I played the video, I could still hear the sound from the external speaker, not through the headphones.

I farted around with the various buttons on the various applications, and voila!

...No sound at all. Not from the headphones, not from the external speaker.

What now?

Comment

Okay, on a long shot here, are your headphones and/or speakers a USB design or are they conventional mini-phono and you're using a soundcard? (yes, it's important to know this)
                          I AM the evil bastard!

Comment

I got it running again (on the headphones, at least). I rolled back to a different driver. So far, it's working, but I haven't tried unplugging the headphones yet.

Comment

Well, unplugging the headphones means that the computer thinks there is no sound output device available. I've been searching around to see how to change this. What is UP with this program?

Comment

Quoth Eireann View Post
                                Well, unplugging the headphones means that the computer thinks there is no sound output device available.
                                Trouble shooting requires more information.
                                Okay, on a long shot here, are your headphones and/or speakers a USB design or are they conventional mini-phono and you're using a soundcard? (yes, it's important to know this)

Comment

Working...
                                X