This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epson Workforce 845

I was able to get this setup using the usb cable to the printer. But when I try hooking it up to the network the computer constantly fails to find the printer. The printer can find the wifi both with and without the ethernet cable.

My phone can't find the printer as well. Ideas? Help?

I would ensure that the Ethernet cable is disconnected from the printer's end and keep it that way. Then try removing then reinstalling the drivers. When you go to reinstall them using their Wizard, you may get the option to go thru the rest of the setup if the printer is wired or wireless. Choose wireless at that point.

Also, can you get access to the router to list all the available devices?

Comment

I used to be able to access the router and now the page times out. Which pisses me off cause I want to change my wifi name. I dont like it being my last name.

The printer says it's hooked to the network but the computer says its offline and still can't find it.

Comment

Disable the firewall on the computer, for some reason epson drivers want strong 2 way communication. Most likely for scan features.

If that fixes the issue, isolate the ports you need to leave open, and them to the firewall exception list. then restore the firewall.

Comment

Tried it...didn't work. Computer nor iPhone can find the printer and both should be able too...

*frowns* I think I'm going something wrong.

Comment

are you using a windows xp, vista, 7, Mac or Linux. Because the next set of instructions will be different for each os.

Comment

I'm using 7.

Comment

ok here is what you do

You will need to look up the current IP address of your computer by opening the command prompt and typing in 'ipconfig' then press enter.You want to note the IP address of your computer, subnet mask and the default gateway.

go to your printer. Using the instructions for your printer assign the device a static IP(static IPs do not change). the ip address will be share the first 3 sets of numbers with your computers IP address, the last number we will set to something high (like 200) to avoid conflicts.

So if your ip address is 192.168.1.1 we will put 192.168.1.200.

The subnet mask and default gateway will be the same as what you got form your computer.

go back to your computer and then;

go to control panel

Select devices and printers

at the top left side of the widow select Add a printer.

A new window will pop up, select 'add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer.'

No matter what appears on your computer select 'the printer that I wanted isn't listed'

Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address, hit next

Device type should be 'Autodetect'
                for 'Hostname or IP address' type in the address's you entered into the printer
                'port name' will auto fill

hit next

the installer will now look for drivers. It will try autofind the driver if its installed already. if nor a dialog box will pop up asking for drivers.

Try "windows update" first if that does not work select "have disk" insert the CD rom for the printer and browse to it. You might have to dig into the CD's driver folder if it finds nothing on the first pass.

After the computer finds drivers it may ask you to select the driver you want to use. Make sure the driver matches the printer model then hit next.

the printer should install at this point.
                Last edited by Daskinor; 08-01-2012, 06:56 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Working...
                X