Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At one of my previous jobs I did genetic research at a teaching hospital. The door to our lab floor was down a few steps from the main hospital building. There was a small landing with the freight elevator and the closed door leading to our area.

People in the cath lab in the adjacent main building thought nothing of leaving broken furniture, opened boxes and bags of garbage in that little hallway. It usually wasn't in the way, but nobody wants to walk around a trash pile to get into work. I would mention it to our safety officer, since it was technically a fire hazard, and they would send someone from housekeeping to haul the stuff away. But since they never bothered "educating" the cath lab staff, they'd just keep trashing our entry way. Apparently they brought in a lot of money (whereas research didn't) and bothering them about such trivial matters was out of the question.

The last straw came when they started dumping *used* cardiac catheters on the floor. I called the safety officer again and told her what was on the floor and then I very innocently asked her where on OSHA's web site they listed the HIV and hepatitis risk from those things. I was thinking of sending an email to ask them, you see, but figured it would be faster to call her first to see if she happened to know the answer.

The response was not only quick, it was permanent. The cath lab was very tidy after that.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I have actually watcher while customers will stuff used tissued, drink bottles, etc in refrigerated cases on top of canned goods, etc. If they have it on tape or other customers and employees witness it the MOD will give these idiots a warning to not do it again. The DM/Food safety guy also gets notified and we have to throw out any of the can or products their snot rag touched.

Comment

My grandfather dumped a 50 gallon barrel of dogshit in various stages of decomposion on a guy's lawn once.

Pop kept telling the guy to knock off letting his dogs crap on his lawn. The guy had big dogs, and every day they'd take a dump on Pop's lawn. Apparently,the guy thought he didn't have to clean up after or respect other people's property.

Pop collected it up till the barrel was full, then drove to the guy's house and unloaded right up front and center.

Amazingly, the crapping stopped. At least on Pop's lawn.

I would have loved to have been a fly on THAT wall: "Excuse me, sir, but you seem to have dropped your 50 pounds of rotting dog shit. Allow me to help."

I mean, I dunno if he said anything, but if he didn't say that, he should have.

Comment

The only litterbugs I witnessed was the idiots who'd stuff crap down our barrels. Our barrels had two holes that would either be sealed or open. If they were open you'd catch people shoving all manner of things down there.

Don't get me started on trash duty by the way, there were some things that would make anyone cringe.
          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
            The only litterbugs I witnessed was the idiots who'd stuff crap down our barrels.
            I got this silly image in my head of Donkey Kong waving his fist angrily at a gaggle of fleeing teenagers while standing next to a barrel that's had garbage stuffed into its holes.

Comment

We use to have this car pull up in parking lot. Open passanger and driver's car, push out garbage, and leave.

We called police, they couldn't do anything.

They did it again and again and again and AGAIN, every FREAKING NIGHT.

Finally police came, and had a undercover pose outside by phone. Guys came, dump garbage, left. Cop got off phone, got in car, and went after them.

Amazingly, nothing came up afterwards. They also never dumped garbage again.
              Military Spouse Support.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
              Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

An elderly woman who used to live up a block from us would let her dog crap by our mailbox. Dad used to get so mad when he'd have to walk around the nice little piles just to get the mail. He caught her a couple of different times, and told her to clean it up and get on down the road. Of course, she refused to clean it up because "it was between the road and the ditch." Dad flat out told her that he was tired of walking around the dogpiles near the mailbox. So, he started saving them in a big trash bag. Then, one day when she was gone, he left a special delivery at her door step, and "accidentally" dumped its contents when he sat it down. There were no more dog piles near the mailbox after that.
                The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

See, I don't get that. The recipient of the dog doo (hereafter referred to in this post as the "Crappee" ) KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE. And here you are leaving poop on his lawn!? How could it NOT be expected that the crappee would retaliate in kind?

I leave a turd on a guy's lawn, he asks me not to, and I refuse and keep doing it, I EXPECT I will get a turd or three or a garbage bag or a big drum full on my lawn.

I mean, it's inevitable.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                    I would have loved to have been a fly on THAT wall
                    No, if you were a fly, you would rather have been on the dogshit!

I believe that Identity theft is one of the most evil non-violent crimes that can happen to a person. However, the jackasses mentioned in some of the above posts that so blatently, intentionally dump large quantities of trash, and are stupid enoough to have very personal info amongst it, deserve to have their ID stolen.

Mike
                    Meow.........

Comment

Working...
                    X