This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What common sense?

Hello again! This is the continuation of my previous post; the situations are different enough to warrant them.

2nd situation:
    Note: since we're located in a business center, we make almost all of our money during the lunch hours on weekdays. There's barely enough business to keep us open on weekends, so we open at 10 and close at 5.

I arrived before the store opened on one Saturday to find that my manager wasn't there yet. Annoying, but she has to pick up other employees first, so it's a good chance to nap. As I'm in my car, I see a customer pull up, walk up to the door (our hours are posted there, of course), tries the door, then goes to his car and drives off. I go back to sleep and think nothing of it.

Later that day, as we're closing (yes, I worked all day), the same customer pulls up with a female friend. Now at this time, the registers are closed and we're turning off and cleaning all of the equipment...but our door has a tendency to get jammed open, since the lock doesn't retract properly. The customers come in, and I go out to inform them that we are, in fact, closed; the door should not have been open.

Naturally, the customers do not take this quietly. They simultaneously shriek "WHAT!?" as I tell them, which draws my manager out.

Me:
    SCs: well, y'know
    MOD: manager on duty

SCs: how can you be closed? it's only five! I was here at 9:45 and you were closed then too! i demand food!
    me: well, we're in the middle of a business center; there's not enough business on weekends to justify our being open any longer. and all of our equipment has been shut down, there's nothing i can give you.
    SCs: that's bad business!
    MOD: i'm sorry folks, but we're closed, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. (my manager is not known for her social graces, and the customers take the hint from her)
    SCs: *clearly displeased as they walk out* this wendy's SUCKS!

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the fact that our business model doesn't meet your schedule doesn't mean that a restaurant sucks; it means that you need to learn how to read the posted hours. It took all my strength to not yell some comeback after him; it wasn't like we would be looking forward to his business in the future. But that's life for ya
    Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
    --Unknown

Cheesus, I am sure there is another place they can go that is not too far away. Here there are about 4 different Wendy's within a 10 mile radius. Not to mention all the McD's, BK, Subway, Firehouse. KFC, Pizza Hut, etc

People are way too over dramatic.

Comment

Quoth karath View Post
      MOD: i'm sorry folks, but we're closed, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. (my manager is not known for her social graces, and the customers take the hint from her)
      That seems personally reasonable to me. An apology, and then asking them to leave, with a little bit of forcefullness hidden in the 'have to'. That is pretty much what I say to anyone hanging around in our lobby when we come to close.
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
      X