Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first story. People, don't destroy your kids' heads. (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth scruff View Post
    Darn. :-) Can I share the candyfloss?
    (and any razor tips would be appreciated.)
    um....

KY
    it really helps you get in close and stay girlly longer.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
      To be fair, there are a few religions, christian and otherwise, who have varying beliefs like that. It's still a foolish thing to blurt out in public that way, though.

(And I'll admit to finding a certain perverse humor when one of those groups leaders becomes sick. I'll admit it; I'm human.)
      Funny, though, as an Episcopalian (think Catholic "light") we were always taught that God made people sick so that He could take them back to Heaven to be with Him. I wonder about some jerkwad Christians. I hate bad Christians. Do not judge, lest ye be judged, dumbass.
      Purveyor of all chickeny goodness, and chicken ninja of the highest grade!
      "With it's indiscriminate slaughter of organic tissue, nothing can survive." - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

...!!!!

omg...wtf!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA...HOLY CRAP!!!!I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST READ THAT!!!

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
          I had a grandmother who died from cancer, 13 years ago. To this very day, in fact.
          I'm sorry to hear about your loss. *hugs*
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You know, I went to a church once (and I do mean once, first, last and only time I went there) that told us that God made people sick because they didn't have enough faith to get better. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

And about the OP, I donated my hair a couple years ago, and I'm growing it out to do the same thing again. I wish that woman could see what a good thing you're doing, rather than scewing up her kid so badly. I just really hope you made an impact in that little girl's life. Sounds like she needs it. Go you!

Comment

Quoth GayleShy View Post
              You know, I went to a church once (and I do mean once, first, last and only time I went there) that told us that God made people sick because they didn't have enough faith to get better. I'm still trying to figure that one out.
              That's one of the reasons I don't see terribly much of my birth-family. I'll just leave it at that.

(Seshat: who uses a wheelchair sometimes.)
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth ColonelInTheKitchen View Post
                Funny, though, as an Episcopalian (think Catholic "light") we were always taught that God made people sick so that He could take them back to Heaven to be with Him. I wonder about some jerkwad Christians. I hate bad Christians. Do not judge, lest ye be judged, dumbass.
                I'm Episcopalean and I never heard that.

In fact, we've never really had the "why does God make people sick" discussion beyond the idea that people get sick because that is simply something that happens here on Earth, and it's just the way it is.

By that reasoning, every time someone got sick, they'd die.

Comment

/hugs to you OP.

My ex grows his hair out for locks of love. Everyone used to tease me about dating a "hippie" (he's more like a biker) until I'd get pissy and tell them what was up. When my kids understood what locks of love was, my 5 year old decided he was going to grow his hair out, too. Unfortunately, he got tired of being called a little girl by mistake all the time (his face is inbetween, so it was hard to make the call LOL) and finally decided to get it cut.

We had a 4-H kid at our County Fair week before last that had a parent going through chemo, shaved head, the whole bit. My 5 year old asked her why she had no hair and she told him that she was taking medicine that makes her hair fall out. Well, 2 and 2 made 4 to the little guy and he said, "I can grow my hair out for you and we can make it into a hat for you to wear." Brought tears to our eyes, I'm crying here just typing this.

Just when I'm getting tired of my kids being bratty little poop heads all the time, they do something to remind me there's a miniature adult in there.

Too bad there's no sign of an adult in that so-called "mother".
                  ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                  X