This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
    Hey GK, any idea why so many 867s go with the COD?? I just don't understand that one.
    If you were a credit card company would *you* give them with a card? -.-

Comment

Very informative. Their coat of arms made me giggle. It's being humped by a caribou and a swordfish, and I'll be damned if that's not an igloo on top of it. Their flag looks like it was drawn by a three-year-old.
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

And just what is the flag meant to be? A pile of rocks?
        3 Basic rules for ordering food.
        - Order from the menu.
        - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
        - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

The simple answer is yes! Their flag is a pile of rocks

The Flag of Nunavut was proclaimed on 1 April 1999, along with the territory of Nunavut in Canada.

It features a red inukshuk -- an Inuit land marker -- and a blue star, which represents both the Niqirtsuituq, the North Star, and the leadership of elders in the community. The colours represent the riches of the land, sea and sky.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Nunavut
          The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
            The simple answer is yes! Their flag is a pile of rocks
            Yep. They're using that as the logo for 2010 Olympics here in Vancouver too much to the horror of everyone. The symbolism behind it is nice, but its still a pile of crudely shaped rocks. So they took a lot of flak for selecting it as a logo and I've yet to talk to anyone that actually likes the "logo".

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
              That position shall be determined by ceremonial combat, where applicants shall duel in a vat of lime Jell-o and wearing kilts.
              Well, as long as I don't have to be nekkid...
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                Yep. They're using that as the logo for 2010 Olympics here in Vancouver too much to the horror of everyone. The symbolism behind it is nice, but its still a pile of crudely shaped rocks. So they took a lot of flak for selecting it as a logo and I've yet to talk to anyone that actually likes the "logo".
                Ok, maybe I missed something, but since when is Vancouver in Nunavut, and why the use the rocks?!?! There are so many other beautiful Canadian images that could be used as an Olympic logo other than a bunch of poorly drawn boxes.

ETA: I figured it out. For the next 3 years, there will be no learning in schools in Nunavut, they are putting ALL school aged children to work creating souveniers for the Olympics. And simultaneously creating another generation of 867 residents to call you for 4x pink camo.
                The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  Well, as long as I don't have to be nekkid...
                  Nope. And grand prize is the winner gets to keep GK. First runner up gets 1/2 hr. alone with GK in a locked room
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Nope. And grand prize is the winner gets to keep GK. First runner up gets 1/2 hr. alone with GK in a locked room
                    I'll get my dead guys to start building a ring. Circular right? Thank Cthulhu I've got alot of cheeseburgers for these freaks. Who's reffing? GK himself?
                    It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office.
                    ~~~H.L. Mencken

Comment

Some of those black coats are scary scary people man. I wouldn't cross them unless I had a death wish.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                        Yep. They're using that as the logo for 2010 Olympics here in Vancouver too much to the horror of everyone.
                        It's better than the London 2012 logo. The animated version of it triggered epileptic fits!
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympics_2012#Logo
                        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

BTW, the fireworks GK keeps talking about are an international competition. This past Saturday (8/4) was the finale. The weather was perfect, and this year's show was unbelievable. Canada, Spain and China were the finalists, Canada won, but not by much. The synchronized music is totally lame but the firework show is nothing short of stupendous. Worth a trip to YVR on the first Saturday of August. First Sunday is Gay Pride, one of the biggest Pride parades in North America, really a hoot to watch. Lots of witty stuff. We skipped the parade this year in favor of getting out of the crowds and exploring neighborhoods we haven't seen before. Besides the train home to Seattle is sort of a rolling gay pride event anyway. It actually feels a little weird to be straight on the train. The bartenders love it, huge business until they close the bar in Everett
                          Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                          TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Actually to play devils advocate there is something good in nunavat: The History Channel show Ice Road Truckers is there....

To say something nice.

Comment

Awesome.

Maybe I should choose not to participate, though...

Gotta give the other ladies a fair shot.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

As usual GK, you made me spit out my lunch because I was laughing so hard
                                Total surrender
                                Your touch is so tender
                                Your skin is like water on a burning beach
                                And it brings me relief
                                "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

Working...
                                X