Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a good week to get on my bad side...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sisterhood members would simply be called "Sisters" as in "my sisters and I" instead of "my brethren". There is no collective noun for sisters, as juwl stated
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
      sisterhood members would simply be called "Sisters" as in "my sisters and I" instead of "my brethren". There is no collective noun for sisters, as juwl stated
      maybe im going to make a new word because its sexist.... so sisterin!!!!

Comment

Kara:

I feel your pain. I support about 20,000 phone users across the country. And these are all internal for the company I work for.

"Yes, you might wheel and deal and bring in a million dollars a year, and I'm just a phone geek with the rank of corporate plankton. But without me, you can't make the deals and will get fired. Now, lower your voice, and I will help you as best I can. Raise your voice or swear at me again, and I will give your support request the priority is deserves - after my coffee break and potential Lupus flair caused by the stress from dealing with you that may last for a couple of months."

Good luck - Cell phones are the worst things to support. Been there, done that, have the grey hair to prove it.

B
        "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
        I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
          Soooo.... it's sexist because 'brethren', a gender neutral term, happens to bear a passing phonetic resemblance to the word 'brother'?

Um.... yeah... okay... not going there.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
            Soooo.... it's sexist because 'brethren', a gender neutral term, happens to bear a passing phonetic resemblance to the word 'brother'?

Um.... yeah... okay... not going there.
            .... i was jokeing..... because it sounds like brother.... its a joke....

Comment

So, to fit it to the spelling for Brethren... Sistren? Or Sistern? (Or Cistern...?)
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

.... i was jokeing..... because it sounds like brother.... its a joke....
                Sorry, the shift I worked before I wrote that I'd had to deal with a woman who was militantly feminist to the point where, as much as I hate using phrases like this, "Raging Bull-Dike*" is the only way I can think of to describe her, and it had me rather sensitive at the time I wrote the comment.

Forgive me?

As a particular gem from the 15 minutes or so she was in the store, as soon as she got to the counter she demanded to know why we, the guys, were standing around doing nothing while S, the MiC and the only female working that shift, was 'doing all the work' (aka, taking her order).

I told her, quite honestly, "Because there's nothing to do until she finishes taking your order and, as the manager, she's the only one who can handle the front till unless she assigns it to someone else," in a perfectly reasonable, if exasperated (I could tell where she was trying to go with this), tone and got a Glare of Doom for my trouble.

Apparently a Filthy, Stupid Male isn't allowed to speak to Her Royal Bitchiness, let alone derail the diatribe I could smell brewing by answering her in a way that made it clear that the woman was the trusted, empowered person in the situation.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                X