Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So after reading the news piece I can't get this one idea out my head. He pleaded not-guilty....

So what he's some random other guy that was walking around with duct tape on his face?

Comment

I like the cornbread.

Personally, I'm not paid enough, ever, to put my life on the line to protect the company's assets. I'll protect my life and (maybe) the lives of (most) of my coworkers, but that's it.

I didn't see where a weapon was listed. Did the robber have a gun? Even stupider response, if he did.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I carry a roll up baton around with me. I'd break the guys head in and flee
        Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth allniter View Post
          I'd break the guys head in and flee
          Violence does not solve anything.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Well, I was at home getting ready to go to work and saw the story on CNN. Apparently, the guy pleaded not guilty and was interviewed by a reporter. His interview was hilarious. He looked dead into the camera and in the best white-trash-wanna-be-gangster slang he asked if he looked like the duct tape bandit and he proceeded to pose like a gangster and speak some more white-trash ebonics.

DUDE!?!?! WHAT?!?! He was captured immediately in the parking lot right after the robbery, where he only got away with a few rolls of change - an employee tackled him, while still in duct tape, and held him until the police got there. They subsequently removed the duct tape (which the reporter stated he was fortunate because by the time they removed the duct tape - the robber was sweating so much it slid right off) and he claimed he is NOT the guy.
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

oooh

So much to reply to! ^_^ Yet none of it was about the MDSC.

Quoth protege View Post
              Nah, we save the inbreeding jokes for West Virginia. If you think that Duct Tape Man is bad, consider all the jokes that came out when WV made it *legal* to eat roadkill a few years back. For years, people had said that WV was a bunch of rednecks...but when something like that is news, it's no wonder why
              Our manager technically comes from Morgantown WV. I don't make fun of him about that, because he knows better to make fun of me. It's a sensible unspoken arrangement. Of course, you know the jokes that concern WV also fly free in KY.

Quoth Neo_Classic View Post
              So this guy comes in with duct tape on his face and they beat him with a club, tackle him, and hold him in a choke hold until the police come? Does anyone else not find this unacceptable? If he wasn't carrying a weapon and wasn't posing a threat then was the club to the face necessary? Also, isn't it illegal for a non-LP/security employee to apprehend a thief?
              I stress this exactly once. KENTUCKY. I lived there for many a year; the elementary school I went to had exactly TWO black students. There are places in KY that remind me of life before the Emancipation Proclaimation. About the only real good things that come from KY (beside the colonel, he rocked) are Bardstown, Frankfort, and the KFC mansion in Louisville. And Mammoth Cave. Yeah, biggest in the world!

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              Unacceptable to beat the hell out of a robber?
              Not at all. When people like this get the crap knocked out of them, I think it's AWESOME. In fact, if more of them got the crap knocked out of them more often, maybe they'd stop treating the rest of us like prey.
              I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who try to victimize others.
              And most people understand that issue, which is why the news article didn't get much outspoken disagreement.

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
              DUDE!?!?! WHAT?!?! He was captured immediately in the parking lot right after the robbery, where he only got away with a few rolls of change - an employee tackled him, while still in duct tape, and held him until the police got there. They subsequently removed the duct tape (which the reporter stated he was fortunate because by the time they removed the duct tape - the robber was sweating so much it slid right off) and he claimed he is NOT the guy.
              Of course there are three random guys wandering around Ashland with duct tape on their faces. Probably all from my father's side of the family but that's neither here nor there!

As for the biscuits, cornbread, and chocolate parfaits (we had fudge brownie for a few months this year, mmm)---We do sell a lot of all three, and our store is the only one in the area that even has cornbread. I still eat the biscuits and the parfaits. The only thing I won't eat is the F*king macaroni. Not because it was made in and shipped from Canada, but because it's nasty tasting to me.
              Purveyor of all chickeny goodness, and chicken ninja of the highest grade!
              "With it's indiscriminate slaughter of organic tissue, nothing can survive." - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                Nah, we save the inbreeding jokes for West Virginia. If you think that Duct Tape Man is bad, consider all the jokes that came out when WV made it *legal* to eat roadkill a few years back. For years, people had said that WV was a bunch of rednecks...but when something like that is news, it's no wonder why
                Boo, Protege, very boo. Take a guess on where I'm from, babydoll.

Actually, not very surprised about the roadkill thing. Hadn't heard about it, but I didn't pay much attention to the news. We've got "Roadkill Cafes" and roadkill cookoffs, mostly to poke fun at our hillbilly image. Actually, I googled it just now, and the articles raised some good points. Yes, there are lots of raccoons and crows and such. But would you turn up your nose at some venison, just 'cause it was killed by a grill and not a gun? ...This is, of course, supposing you like meat. I'm vegitarian, myself. I ain't eating meat no matter WHERE it comes from.

Anyway, the law only makes it legal to take to roadkill if it's been reported in the last twelve hours.

Also: Hooray to Hon'ya-chan, Red Green rocks.

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post
                  Clearly this man has never seeked the wisdom of Red Green.
                  Red Green, is a God, in Duck Tape Heaven. I used to watch the show, every chance I got. I would love a DVD of the show to come out.
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                    It solve a crossword puzzle! 6 down: 8 letter word for "Results in Pain": 3rd letter is an O and it ends in E.
                    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth MinimaMagistra View Post
                      Also: Hooray to Hon'ya-chan, Red Green rocks.

*counts the posts*
                      I'd at least expect a canuck to get the reference on the first damn page!!

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                        Red Green, is a God, in Duck Tape Heaven. I used to watch the show, every chance I got. I would love a DVD of the show to come out.

http://www.redgreen.com/OnlineStore/...11&currency=US

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post

*counts the posts*
                        I'd at least expect a canuck to get the reference on the first damn page!!
                        I got it...I just didn't read the thread until now. :/

I *heart* Red Green. Reminds me of my dad...

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                          Well, I dunno. Here's an anecdote to the contrary.

When I was younger, a guy jacked me up against the wall and tried to cop a feel. I got away from him and fled to my friends, telling them what happened. I found out about half an hour later one of my bigger chick buddies caught him alone, jacked him against a wall, held a big freaking knife to his throat and said if he ever so much as even looked at me wrong again, she'd open him up like a zip lock bag full of V8.

After that, he acted like I was radioactive. Problem solved through violence.

One of many stories I could tell. So violence solves quite a bit, IMHO.

Comment

Quoth MinimaMagistra View Post
                            Boo, Protege, very boo. Take a guess on where I'm from, babydoll.
                            Same here. Born and bred, and still here.

Quoth MinimaMagistra
                            Actually, I googled it just now, and the articles raised some good points. Yes, there are lots of raccoons and crows and such. But would you turn up your nose at some venison, just 'cause it was killed by a grill and not a gun?
                            From what I read regarding the law, this is pretty much the reason it was passed. Two key points behind it: a) there are a lot of people in the rural areas that would gladly eat it (and what state doesn't have rural areas?), and thus b) it's fewer messes the state road department has to deal with. Saves money and time, and apparently it's served that purpose well.

When you're having a hard time making ends meet to put food on the table, and you hit a deer, groundhog, etc., you're not going to just let it go to waste. That's food, plain and simple. I think therefore the law was passed so that you could effectively bypass hunting regulations, etc. If a deer decides to commit vehicular suicide by jumping in front of you on the off season, without that law, it would technically be illegal to take it, although it would just go to waste. Thus the reason for the roadkill law.
                            A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Duct tape bandit aside, this struck me:

Quoth ColonelInTheKitchen View Post
                              Seems everyone likes to take out their moms on MD and KFC is a top pick.
                              What kind of cheapskate takes their mother to KFC on Mothers' Day?

Don't get me wrong, I love KFC, but I would never dream of taking my mum to KFC (or any other fast food place) for any kind of celebration. Besides, if I did, she'd disown me.
                              "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                                It solve a crossword puzzle! 6 down: 8 letter word for "Results in Pain": 3rd letter is an O and it ends in E.
                                Brat. Bratty brat brat brat.

Unseen but seeing
                                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                                3rd shift needs love, too
                                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                                X