This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Disclaimer: First post, but long-time lurker ;-p

In my experience in taking people down, a choke-hold can be the overall kindest way to physically subdue them. As long as care is taking to not damage their windpipe or deprive their brain of oxygen for too long. Well that and obviously letting them start breathing again before they die. Myself, I would take being subdued via choke-hold over having my ribs, jaw or other bones broken and a possible concussion any day.

Tig
    The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury. - Marcus Aurelius
    If you're slower than me, stupider than me, and you taste good...you're dinner - Anthony Bourdain

Memento mori.

Comment

Quoth Hon'ya-chan View Post

*counts the posts*
      I'd at least expect a canuck to get the reference on the first damn page!!
      No, I got it. But I've heard it so many times It's expected to me.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Had some guests in the lobby for breakfast, this morning. Some sort of work crew. One of them was trying to remember the name of the Red Green Show 'cause the character Rothchild (of Rothchild's Sewage and Septic Sucking Services) wore boots just like he was wearing. Made my day.

Comment

I'm reminded of some video I saw of KFC employees -- I want to say it was either in Atlanta or LA -- dumping boiling oil on a robber who tried to threaten them with a golf club, then taking his golf club from him and beating him until he couldn't stand up. Does this ring a bell for anyone else?
          Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
            When you're having a hard time making ends meet to put food on the table, and you hit a deer, groundhog, etc., you're not going to just let it go to waste. That's food, plain and simple. I think therefore the law was passed so that you could effectively bypass hunting regulations, etc. If a deer decides to commit vehicular suicide by jumping in front of you on the off season, without that law, it would technically be illegal to take it, although it would just go to waste. Thus the reason for the roadkill law.
            I hope I didn't offend anyone. What I was trying to say, is that WV has *always* been the butt of jokes. Then you have something like the roadkill law that only reinforces the negative stereotype down there. Yes, I do make fun of WV now and then, but it's just that, a joke. Some carry it too far though, and yes, rural PA has its own share of rednecks

If you think taking your mother to KFC on Mother's Day is bad...my dad nearly got his ass kicked when he took my mom to *McDonald's* for their anniversary one year
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              I hope I didn't offend anyone. What I was trying to say, is that WV has *always* been the butt of jokes. Then you have something like the roadkill law that only reinforces the negative stereotype down there. Yes, I do make fun of WV now and then, but it's just that, a joke. Some carry it too far though, and yes, rural PA has its own share of rednecks

If you think taking your mother to KFC on Mother's Day is bad...my dad nearly got his ass kicked when he took my mom to *McDonald's* for their anniversary one year
              I ain't offended by roadkill. My grandfather hunts squirrel and otherwise "unacceptable" animals for eating. Except moles. The war between my grandpa and moles has been waged since ere I was born, and will rage until either side cannot go on.

Rural PA is almost as bad as some WV people I've been made out to believe. We get the Welfare Wussies out here, people taking advantage of the SSI and other aid programs because they live on a mountain (no gas money/ain't got no damn license cuz they po' or never learned to drive anything other than a lawn tractor), weigh 350 pounds (because they don't do anything but drink beer/watch TV/procreate with minimal effort/internet PR0N/or sit around talking as my ex's family seemed to do for at least six hours a day, 7 am to noon) and refuse to work (due to the previously mentioned items). And when I get older and there's so SSI for me, I'm going to rampage in the mountains and find them ALL...

Haha! MD's is a horrible place to go on Mother's Day. Eccch, can you imagine all the other folk who think they can get away with taking their moms to Taco Bell and (god forbid) Wendy's? I mean, for crap's sake, it's your MOM!

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
              I'm reminded of some video I saw of KFC employees -- I want to say it was either in Atlanta or LA -- dumping boiling oil on a robber who tried to threaten them with a golf club, then taking his golf club from him and beating him until he couldn't stand up. Does this ring a bell for anyone else?
              That's a little excessive. I'd say, pour the oil and call the cops, and hide in the manager's office or bathroom. Then you don't get chastised for being too violent. I never heard of that one though.

As for Red Green, I never watched it much. I'm only 23, and my parents wouldn't let me stay up to watch it on PBS at 11 pm. T_T Alas.
              Purveyor of all chickeny goodness, and chicken ninja of the highest grade!
              "With it's indiscriminate slaughter of organic tissue, nothing can survive." - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Working...
              X