This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anarchy, I Say!

Shifty-eyed teenager comes up the Help Desk.

SET: Do you have the Anarchist's Cookbook?

Me: No, but I can probably order it if you'd like.

SET: You'd like, need my name...and stuff for that, right?

Me: Name, address and phone number so we can contact you when it comes in.

SET: No, I'll just go to Amazon. They don't [I]make [I] you give that information there.

I considered giving him the bad news, then decided to let him find out on his own that Amazon does in fact need your information so they can, you know, mail it to you.

Come on, kid, just download it and print it when your parents are asleep. That's what we did back in my day!
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
    SET: No, I'll just go to Amazon. They don't [I]make [I] you give that information there.
    Right, because when I order from Amazon, they just magically teleport my books to wherever I happen to be. What a moron.
    "Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings"-Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Come on, kid, just download it and print it when your parents are asleep. That's what we did back in my day!
      Hell, even better, find some REAL info on teh intarwebs - some of the shit in the Anarchist's Cookbook is inaccurate at best, and can kill your ass dead at worst.

Joe

Comment

Anarchist's Cookbook?
        How to make delicious Jello Biafra desserts and Greg Graffin cocktails?
        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
          How to make delicious Jello Biafra desserts and Greg Graffin cocktails?
          Try stuff more along the lines of... Anarchy... stink bombs, practical jokes... I think... I kind of remember hearing stuff more along the lines of explosives, but I could be wrong. Which was part of the reason the book was banned/watched extremely closely after 9/11.
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

the copy i read was not so much practical jokes as it was drug synthesis, bomb making, lock picking etc
            It is better to be the hammer than the nail.

Comment

Problem being

Quoth xlr82xs View Post
              the copy i read was not so much practical jokes as it was drug synthesis, bomb making, lock picking etc
              When it was written the author did not test any of the experiments himself.

Many of the drug making setups have bad controls, you don't know what chemical you are really making.

There seems to be no safety standards in the bomb making section (heating gasoline over an open flame?). And a number of kids over the years have been injuried trying to make the pipe bombs described.

Other sections deal in illegal activities but don't tell you how to avoid leaving all sorts of clues pointing to yourself.

Basicily, this book is a good way to get into the Darwin Awards.

Comment

Quoth xlr82xs View Post
                I wanted to say pipe bombs at first, but I wasn't absolutely certain, so I erred (intentionally) on the side of caution.
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                  Basicily, this book is a good way to get into the Darwin Awards.
                  I can think of a few people who could use their own copy.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The early printings of the "Uncle Fester" series were extremely accurate on how to make anything from smoke bombs, to c4 in your kitchen, to p2p (early meth). But I think the books have been corrupted now because later editions are vastly different in info and recipes than early editions. I caution anyone that has even a passing interest at peeking at these types of books that they are extremely dangerous in that you can't be totally sure that something hasn't been changed around in order to blow you up. I know that last bit sounds Orwellian, but hey....you've seen how it is over here.
                    ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

That's how I got it.

Tria, who likes her WoD charaters to soundlike they know what they are doing.

Comment

Working...
                      X