This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond the limits

Greetings, fellow victims! Long-time reader, first-time poster here. Finally decided to make an account and summarize the worst customers that I've had to deal with. For background, I work at a Wendy's in the heart of a business area.

First situation:
    This happened a while ago, but it is still very memorable. I was working at the front of the restaurant, taking orders and cash (one of 3 native english speakers ) when I noticed a woman complaining to my manager about her meal.

Ok, no big deal so far, that happens just often enough to be routine. My manager takes her burger, finds out what was wrong, and has the sandwich-maker correct it. No big deal, right?

Well, for those of you familiar with SC's, you KNOW it wasn't that simple. The lady comes up 3 more times, changing the complaint (and, I later found out, the actual order) and eventually literally breaking into tears. Here is the dialogue as best I can remember it:

SC: duh
    GM: general manager of store
    Me:

SC: You people keep messing up my order!
    GM: Ma'am, we've been doing everything you asked, is there anything else you need us to do?
    SC: NO! You people are don't listen, are stupid, and too slow! (Note: our sandwich makers have whipped together orders in 10 seconds) I'm never coming here again! *dashes off*
    me: ...
    other, friendly customers, about a score of whom are still in line:

Normally I wouldn't care about a customer whose order was messed up...but changing the order on us and actually CRYING in the middle of the RUSH is just nucking futz.

TO BE CONTINUED!
    Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
    --Unknown

A grown woman crying over a mixed-up meal order?

I understand these things can be frustrating, but it sounds like she lacks some pretty basic emotional coping skills.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

If she's crying over something as trivial as a messed up order, I would hate to see her reaction if something truely horrible were to happen to her.
      "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
      ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth karath View Post
        The lady comes up 3 more times, changing the complaint (and, I later found out, the actual order)
        I know some places give tickets/receipts with orders. Does your place of employment? That might've been of some help.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
        X