This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Meowl's are real-the folder says so!"

I've had pretty stupid customers, really stupid. But this one takes the cake.
    SC=Stupid customer (who happens to be of middle aged, looks pretty well educated)

SC comes to register. Brings a folder up to the register

(PICTURE:
    )

SC: This animal is real.

ME: No it is not. The artist took a couple of different pictures and merge them into one.

SC: It is too real! (Opens the folder). It says so right here! It's a meowl! The folder says where it lives, blah blah.

ME: (Tries to tell her other wise)

SC: It's real! Read this!

ME: (Gives up. Shakes my head. Rings her stuff. Rings folder last. Pressed total)

SC: The folder is not $10.98!

ME: No it is not. Your TOTAL is $10.98! (ME THINKING: You've got to be kidding me!)
    At the end of the day, customers are NOT always right.

haha, a "meowl", that's awesome. Yet somehow, it doesn't surprise me that someone would think it's real...
    Love is admiration without envy, familiarity without contempt, and chocolate without asking.

Comment

Arguing with people that stupid is like trying to teach a pig to roller skate. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

I had a woman (might have posted this somewhere) who brought in some film that had been very poorly processed in some minilab somewhere. Dust all over the negs. She insisted the flecks and marks were angels that were only visible on film, but not to the eye.

Hell, no, I didn't argue with her. I didn't want anyone watching to get confused over which one of us was the nut.

Comment

Let me guess - the Breed Apart range is a range of folders with breed-combination images constructed in photoshop and false 'breed information' inside the covers?

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
          Let me guess - the Breed Apart range is a range of folders with breed-combination images constructed in photoshop and false 'breed information' inside the covers?
          exactly. i thought some of them were cute, but others were creepy. wasn't there one with a bull dog and bunny or something? the info inside was fun though. if the animals were real, it think they would be cool.

Comment

well to be fair
            i was taking a tropical marine ecology course and the professor was showing pictures of animals we would see in the bahamas
            it was morning plus we were excited about seeing cool stuff so when he showed us the mangrove penguin we all believed him

Comment

Next time send her to this website;

http://www.worth1000.com/

That should blow her mind.
              "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

that reminds me of something my boss told me about a friend of his, who seriously asked him:

'is trolls real?'

asked exactly as typed...
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

haha, me and my girlfriend saw that thing at walgreens and she thought it was cute. Obviously a fake. There's also one with a monkey's face plastered over a dog.

Comment

Well, of course meowls are real. It's just that they're very rare, due to the dwindling numbers of their primary food source, the Jackalope:

Comment

[QUOTE]SC: This animal is real.

ME: No it is not. The artist took a couple of different pictures and merge them into one.

SC: It is too real! (Opens the folder). It says so right here! It's a meowl! The folder says where it lives, blah blah.[QUOTE]

Maybe she needed the folder for school. You know, Hogwarts. It has to be a real school right?
                      Last edited by The cat whisperer; 09-20-2006, 08:54 AM. Reason: corrective spelling
                      Manipulating others since 1979.

Not all who wander are lost. J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

That picture of the meowl is pretty good. Better than the jackalope picture, i have to say. I have long since given up arguing with crazy people. What's the point? I can't talk to the little green pixies who are telling them what to say at any given time, and if I ever did manage to convince someone that I was right and i.e. meowls don't exist, what have I achieved? I've wasted my time and spoiled a mentally fragile person's day. Yeah, that makes me a real hero, all right.
                        A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                        - Dave Barry

Comment

Damn, someone beat me to the Jackalope comment. That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the Meowl.
                          "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I simply cannot believe some people. Hey, I should find that picture of the black pug dressed up to look like a spider for that woman. Wouldn't that blow her mind?
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                              that reminds me of something my boss told me about a friend of his, who seriously asked him:

'is trolls real?'

asked exactly as typed...
                              Yes, but they don't live under bridges. They hide in online messege boards.

Comment

Working...
                              X