Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now is the time on Sprockets when we DANCE.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      Darn, I was hoping for the "I know the owner" line. Either way pwnage is pwnage and it is good.
      I thought that's where that was leading too, but this story works so well on so many different levels!
      Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
        I had this scenario running in my head once. As soon as a customer demanded to see the owner, I would emerge from the backroom in a tight black leather suit and dressed like a cross between Deter from SNL and Dr. Frankenfurter, carrying a riding crop.

"I am the complaints department. Are you... unsatisfied?"
        as an RHPS fan that is a GREAT image. and I am glad I was not drinking when I read that.

"Come on Frankie, the backhand needs work".
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

the problem is... customers are so accustomed to being able to override the employee by whining or crying to the manager or boss...

so when they find out the "lowly clerk" IS the owner they don't know how to handle it.

(which is why i'm tempted to... if i ever own a company, putting it in the dog's name. Sure, complain to the owner... O look. She took "mommy's" side. Buh-bye now!)

Comment

I can see my son doing something like that if his dream of owning his own computer company comes true. He already does computer work for people, and he gets quite a bit of business just by word of mouth. I've heard him talk to customers on the phone, and he's very polite, very professional, and much better at dealing with people than I could ever be. But he doesn't put up with any bullshit either, and if someone starts acting sucky or tries to pull a fast one, he'll let them have it with both barrels.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
              As soon as a customer demanded to see the owner, I would emerge from the backroom in a tight black leather suit and dressed like a cross between Deter from SNL and Dr. Frankenfurter, carrying a riding crop.

"I am the complaints department. Are you... unsatisfied?"
              It's astounding...time is fleeting...madness...takes its toll.

Quoth seigus View Post
              I feel this would be worth a trip from my home just to sit in your bar (with a nice cocktail) and watch you work. What a night that would be...
              Honestly, if I OWNED the bar, I really don't think I'd be slaving away BEHIND the bar as much as I do now, if at all. Rank has its privileges, after all. That being said, I would still have great fun dealing with the utter douchebags that we occasionally have to deal with.

Monday was apparently Dumb Bunny Monday at my bar, as the vast majority of the customers were clearly mentally deficient. The kind of people that would ask, while standing next to the stairs, how they would get to the upstairs. Yeah, THAT kind of stupid. All....freakin'....day. No real douchebags, just a whole truckload full of Stoopid.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Oh, how I dream of the day I could run my own business and be able to use my own judgment completely on how I handle the customers. I'm a nice person and I bend over backwards for the awesome ones...for the "okay" customers I'm still friendly and at least do my job. But for the sucky ones? I'd do my best to defuse the situation, and if that didn't work in about 5 seconds, out they'd go...back to whatever slime pit they crawled out of.

I think I will dream good dreams tonight
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                X