Go Back   Customers Suck! > Site News > Site News

Closed Thread

Significant News
Old 01-17-2016, 08:28 AM
Just some guy

Default Significant News

Hi all

This one's likely to cause my inbox to explode, so I'll explain as much as I think is pertinent in here.

I took over the running of this site almost a decade ago. There's been good times and bad times, but it's got to the point where I've got to move on. My priorities are different than they used to be.

There are many compounding reasons, but the absolute fact is that I intend selling the domain. What does this mean in real terms?

I'm giving advance notice so that if you want to go through your posts to save them to a document on your computer you can. The date I have in mind for selling on is the end of February, so you've got about six weeks.

The forum data will likely be erased, mostly for data security reasons. I know I do nothing with it, but there's plenty of moderator stuff we don't want to go further.

Are there circumstances under which the forum would continue with the current database? Possibly - depends what someone offers me and I'm being intentionally vague about it. How much would I accept for the site name? Depends on my investigations over the next few weeks - might go to auction, might go to straight sale.

There are definitely going to be questions, but the simple fact is that it's time for someone else to take up the torch, someone who can develop the place and make it live again. I no longer have time and energy to do that. If anyone from the membership is interested in taking the place on, my inbox is open.

The main thing to consider is that there's six weeks to go, give or take.

Stay within the rules, but it's party time! Let's celebrate this place's existence.

Rapscallion

Old 01-17-2016, 08:52 AM
pities the foo who's illogical

Man, I will miss this place. I know I didn't post much over the past few years, but I still read stuff, and made so many friends here. I'm so appreciative of Raps and the mods for making it such a great place to hang out.

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Old 01-17-2016, 09:42 AM
Drug Dealer

I just discovered this site a short time ago, and I really like it. I hope someone will take it over and continue it. Good luck Rapscallion, wishing you much happiness in the future.

Old 01-17-2016, 09:53 AM
Photographic Sales/Photography

This'll be the second time a regular forum I've been part of has closed/moved on.

Sad, but I'm sure we'll all be able to congregate elsewhere. I'd host a forum on my own site if I knew what I was doing to help out, but I don't, nor do I have the time to keep it running, so I understand where you're coming from.

Thanks for the work you've put in over the years to keep this place running, somewhere for me to vent, commiserate and laugh along with people all over.

So I guess if this is the end, there's a lot I could say, but it all boils down to thank you. I don't think I really need to say much more than that.

Old 01-17-2016, 03:13 PM
I need a life

Quote:
Quoth prjkt View Post

Sad, but I'm sure we'll all be able to congregate elsewhere.
*cough* Facebook CS Group *cough*

Old 01-18-2016, 01:57 AM
Photographic Sales/Photography

Quote:
Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
Thanks for the link

Old 01-18-2016, 04:27 AM
Bagger

I remember Raps taking over this place... I cannot believe it has been that long!

Admittedly, I have come and gone a couple of times over the years, but I always returned.

I am sure we will find somewhere else to congregate if this really does become the end of the board

Old 01-18-2016, 06:36 AM
Store Manager

Quote:
It says it's a 'closed group', I clicked on the 'join' button and it says pending. How long usually does take, and since I don't use my real name here but I do on FaceSpace, will the request be rejected?
Savage '52-'11 Misawa '62-'09 Naniwa '77-'10 Ox Baker '34-'14 Rhodes '45-'15 Piper '54-'15 Bockwinkel '34-'15 Hayabusa '68-'16 Chyna '70-'16 Mr. Fuji '34-'16 Animal '37-'17 Uncle Ivan '42-'17 Heenan '44-'17

Old 01-18-2016, 07:11 AM
Bullets and Bracelets

I've been (mostly lurking) since the Mr. Slugger days. Sad to see this. Just sent a job request for the Facebook group.

Old 01-18-2016, 10:22 AM
Area Manager

Quote:
Damn. I may have to give in and get a FB account

Raps, thank you for everything you've done for us. I'm sure I'm not the only person who's only managed to remain sane by having somewhere safe to come and hang out for a while, even if the reasons for needing that safe place never get shared around.

I wonder; I've noticed some people posting to say they have the skills and time but not the money. Would it be possible to crowd-fund? Possibly ask for people willing to make a voluntary donation of, say 1 a month to help carry costs? While there are those who can't manage that or would be unwilling, there might be enough regulars who can do it to help pay for the site, plus those who might be able to make the odd one-off donation if things are getting tight (I would probably be in the latter category, depending on the time of year).

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.
Closed Thread