X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massachusetts Peeps Are You Okay??

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/13/us/ma...res/index.html
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Other part of the state from me, thankfully. Local TV stations have been featuring wall-to-wall coverage of the fires, and their aftermath, all day. Speculation is that an overcharged gas main caused the issues. All this makes me glad that we still heat our house with good ol' #2 heating oil..........
    -Adam
    Goofy music!
    Old tech junk!

Comment

Fair bit north of us; there's been wall-to-wall coverage all night. Half the gas mains in this state are disintegrating, a few blocks south of us there is a known gas leak (non-hazardous but being 'monitored') and trees are dying all over town. Our building switched from oil to gas a few years ago....yikes.

I'm wondering how and why the line got overpressurized to begin with.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Same as AdamAnt, other side of the state. Has been dominating my facebook feed though. Early speculation is an overpressurization of the gas lines causing leaks in compensated pipes and fittings.

Comment

Oddly enough, this isn't the first time it's happened in Massachusetts. According to Wikipedia, a neighborhood in East Boston experienced a similar disaster in 1983 when a gas line regulator failed. Gas leaks all over the place, pilot lights turning into flamethrowers, and at least one building (partially) blowing up. Oddly, no deaths or injuries were reported, though the scale was likely smaller.
          -Adam
          Goofy music!
          Old tech junk!

Comment

Working...
          X