Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well darn I missed it ^_^ But I look forward to reading the article.
    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
    -Red

Comment

Writing is my coping mechanism. All the fun of murder with no risk of prison time. Besides, it's fun to write about a super-witch who could blow up a "Sprawl Mart", then transform the grounds into a garden paradise with fresh fruit and clean water for all. Which reminds me. I'd forgotten. She was supposed to stop by Palestine some time. I'll have to get on that.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I cope by adhering to my mock religion, the Church of the Subgenius. Now, the one most important Scripture Verse of the Church is "REPENT! QUIT YOUR JOB! SLACK OFF! " However, as a Subgeni, I must lay low and pretend to be a human, waiting until July 5th, 1998 comes so I can watch the X-ist Space Aliens zap all the evil, psychotic, screaming customers I've ever had with their Space Guns. I am able to pretend I am a human, amid my drooling coworkers, by remembering another Truism of "Bob:" "Act like an idiot, and they'll think you're One of Them."

I can't expect anyone reading this to understand, and I don't really want my fellow Subgenii (we're not humans, we're descended from the Yeti) to know I'm being a "Bobby" and spilling our cult's secrets. So I'll use my Conspiracy name, Alison.

Remember, you can always escape the fate of the "pinks" by sending your 30 dollars to the Church.
        www.subgenius.com
        Last edited by Can I Help Your A$$?; 09-19-2010, 10:05 PM. Reason: For more information

Comment

...wait, didn't July 5th 1998 already come and go?

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
            ...wait, didn't July 5th 1998 already come and go?
            am i missing a key part to making this make sense?
            Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

... I think that's the point, Chromatix, Whiskeh. ... "Sense? LOLWHUT?"
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

About to go off to work, but thought I'd quickly mention the article's in today's edition, in the Personal Journal section (I'm a dork and subscribe to it :-p)! The focus is more on stress and anger management techniques than anything else, but it's still pretty good -- it mentions how outrageous customer behavior is on the rise and how hard it can be to deal with it. Nice to see a piece like this out there!

Comment

I think I found it on the site - it keeps the name of this place out of the limelight and thus protects anonymity.

Rapscallion

Comment

Link? Please?
                    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...sonaljournal_2
                      A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Comment

Working...
                      X