Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I demand my money (that i already got back) back!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I demand my money (that i already got back) back!

oh to be a fly on the wall when the boss handles this one...

had the day from hell last year... i posted about it. as i mentioned in the previous post, several people were given camp credits good for 1 night of camping. what i didn't know at the time, but found out this year is that the credits are only good for one year. ok, so anyway. i check the e-mails tonight, and there is this REALLY nasty mail pissing and moaning about how they've been calling and emailing and not getting any answers. Apparently they weren't going to be able to come this year afterall, so they wanted a refund on their card for that one night. however, according to them the card (which isn't even theirs, but their friend's) is expired or somehow otherwise invalid, so "how am i supposed to get my money??" so i investigate. this is where things get interesting.

before i even start...these camp credits were non-refundable, so even if i didn't find out what i found out when investigating, chances are she wasn't going to get any refund anyway... BUT....on to the craziness

we get a lot of groups. lot of times we get 2, 3, 4, or more sites all reserved under the same name with the deposit on the same card. they settle up when they come in, but the name on the reservation doesn't always get changed. this was a case where there were 2 reservations under the same name, and not the name of the person who was emailing me... i found them because when i looked up the name who WAS e-mailing me i see a note that said a credit from the other name was applied to her site... i check the other name i see notes about a camp credit on ONLY ONE of the two reservations... along with notes that the person was very upset that the credit could not be used for a reservation, only for check-in. below that note was another, made by me, that the credit had been applied to the registration of the name of the person who was e-mailing me for a stay this year in July... i checked them in, and i made notes in both places... i guess at the time it smelled like trouble to me. guess i was right.

so yeah. she's demanding a refund that she isn't owed to a card that isn't hers, and yet she herself has already used selfsame credit 2 months ago.

that's gonna be a fun convo
    Last edited by katzklaw; 09-02-2016, 03:29 AM.
Working...
X