• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garfield and coffee. For your pleasure. ^_^

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140210124201

http://www.gocomics.com/garfield/2014/08/18

https://coffeescholar.files.wordpres...ee_3-31-10.gif

http://66.media.tumblr.com/6f98d6aec...1sto1_1280.jpg

...And my favorite coffee gag of all time... https://web.archive.org/web/20160117...71201_3429.jpg
    Last edited by EricKei; 09-15-2016, 02:21 AM. Reason: replaced with working link courtesy of wordgirl
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I loved the coffee thing at the hotel. I was just about the only one who cared to ensure the 24/7 lobby coffee hadn't been sitting there forever, but I also got the guests preening their feathers on how much caffeine they could tolerate and how strong they like their coffee as they gleefully reached for Robust. Ok, it's a French roast. It does have a deeper flavor, but the roasting destroys some of the caffeine in the beans. If you want a jolt, get a blonde roast. French roast is the lowest caffeine coffee you can get without going to decalf.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
        Relatives of the owner are speshul VIPs that can get you written up if they're not pleased.
        That is a complete load of !

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
          My brother says there's no such thing as bad coffee...well, except for decaf...

Seriously, he says unless it melts the spoon and deforms the cup it's not strong enough...
          Buy him one of those Gallium spoons.

I always wanted one of those.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
            That particular brand is pretty much a scam. My stepdad ordered some and happened to notice that the caffeine content is twice as much as regular coffee, but they also recommend you make it with what twice as much of the grounds as regular coffee. The instructions may as well be "Take your regular coffee and make it twice as strong as normal."
            The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

I work night shifts and generally don't make coffee until the next morning until 4am because most people are asleep and I don't drink coffee. Every now and then I'll get people asking if I can make fresh coffee. Every single time I make some I tell them it'll be ready in about 5 minutes, and then they never come and get their coffee. It's a good thing I never make full pots when this happens.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                Garfield and coffee. For your pleasure. ^_^

...And my favorite coffee gag of all time... http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pu...71201_3429.jpg
                All I got from this one was 403 Forbidden. That must have been SOME gag!
                "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

Quoth Lovecats View Post
                  All I got from this one was 403 Forbidden. That must have been SOME gag!
                  I also got the forbidden message, but refreshing the page brought up the cartoon.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Refreshing the page didn't work for me.
                    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

From those wonderful people at the WayBack Machine:

Cute!

Comment

Thanks for the working link.
                        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Thanks, wordgirl! ^_^

I edited mine to put your version in there.
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                          X