Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my favorite bottle shop sells a "pick your six" packs, but the singles are only in one section of the store and each is marked on the cap with a coloured dot, blue dots are one price, red are a buck more and white dots are singles only. great way to try the seasonal flavors or try new brands they got in without dropping $18 on a 6 pack of some fancy Norwegian stallion whiz IPA.

another shop had the pick six shelving within direct sight of the counter and the owner would watch you make your pack. he could be a bit of a prick if you tried something shifty like putting a small bottle of frambois in the pack. watched him toss one guy out physically due to a combination of already being blasted and building a bs six.
    This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
    my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
      I'd put up a sign that says "No Mixing of Mike's", but we all know how well SC's obey signs...
      Probably better to have one that says

We do NOT sell mixed six-packs. Anyone bringing a "do-it-yourself" mixed six-pack to the counter will not be sold ANY alcohol.

Set up a consequence for their actions, and stick to it.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Smapti, I have to admit I laughed throughout your entire story. Not at you, by the way, but just imagining SCs doing that crap on an all too frequently annoying basis.
        Last edited by The Braindead Live; 09-01-2016, 05:11 PM. Reason: Corrected error

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
          I'm not excusing it, but I think I know why they do this with only the Mike's. It's all one brand. The other thjngs are different brands so people don't try to mix them.
          At my store, customers do this not only w/the Mike's Hard product but also the Smirnoff Ice 6pks. We find mimatched bottles almost every day.

Even sadder, is that our cashiers, who are reminded EVERY meeting they have to cover front end stuff, still will not pay attention and let these morons continue to do this!

I cannot scan these out of inventory . . . we have to toss them out into the dumpster. Which, in turn, creates more shortage at Inventory time.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Turtleguy bought a six-pack and didn't notice that someone had substituted two bottles of something else for two bottles of his Mirror Pond (local beer). As a result of being fussed at by a cashier he now checks his six-packs carefully before purchase.

Comment

Perhaps they should charge a $5-$10 "fee" for allowing customers to mix n match.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                Perhaps they should charge a $5-$10 "fee" for allowing customers to mix n match.
                The little mom-and-pop store in the small town where my dad lives used to do something like that. They had a cooler with two sides, where they kept their sodas. The single ones were on one side, and the six-packs were on the other side. Apparently they had problems with people breaking up the six-packs, so they put a sign on the door to the one side that said "You will be charged 50 cents for single cans from this side!" Back then, the single cans sold for 35 cents, IIRC.
                Sometimes life is altered.
                Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                Uneasy with confrontation.
                Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                  I'm reminded of that Simpsons episode where Homer buys a donut from the Kwik-E-Mart, and liberally sprinkles the top of it with various candies, much to Apu's chagrin. "A Twizzler is not a sprinkle! A Jolly Rancher is not a sprinkle!"
                  Voodoo Donuts would like to respectfully disagree
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	26995589da6a1b2b5feb02b5c5e9c59d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	2030666
                  The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                  "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                  Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                    They would just view shrink wrap as an extra step to mix the 6 packs, and just take it off.
                    Yeah, shrink wrap won't stop the SCs.

At our store, we have multipacks of cola that people can buy in a shrink-wrapped pack. They still insist on splitting the pack open and then coming to the till acting all innocent and proclaiming that they didn't open the pack and that they found it sitting on the shelf as an individual item and I have to sell it that way. Nope, doesn't work that way pal - I can't sell it to you when it is sold as a multipack only.

Like the OP we are not even allowed to write them off as damaged product so we have to take the loss in our inventory. We've now taken to trying to tape the packs back up as best we can in an attempt to at least sell them as a pack again - but you know SCs they just split the whole thing open again anyway -.-;

Comment

Quoth Rana View Post
                      At our store, we have multipacks of cola that people can buy in a shrink-wrapped pack. They still insist on splitting the pack open and then coming to the till acting all innocent and proclaiming that they didn't open the pack and that they found it sitting on the shelf as an individual item and I have to sell it that way. Nope, doesn't work that way pal - I can't sell it to you when it is sold as a multipack only.

Like the OP we are not even allowed to write them off as damaged product so we have to take the loss in our inventory.
                      Most common multipacks I've seen are the 6x710 ml (shrink-wrapped for Coke products, in rings for Pepsi - lately Coke has been supplying some stores with 4x710 ml, so you need to watch the ads to see which multipack is on sale). Are these the ones you're talking about?

What would REALLY help would be if the barcode on the shrink wrap/ring were THE SAME as the barcode on the individual bottle (or "save printing costs" by having the bottle barcode show through the clear wrap/no printing on the rings, instead scan one of the bottles). Scan a 6-pack? Rings up as a 6-pack. SC opens a 6-pack because they only want one bottle? Scan an individual bottle, rings up as a 6-pack.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Time for this gem of a comic.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post

Hmmmmm . . . . I like the idea of "going medieval."
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                            I'd put up a sign that says "No Mixing of Mike's", but we all know how well SC's obey signs...
                            But at least they could only make themselves look foolish if they tried to argue. And if they get really bad you could humiliate them further by pointing out they're the illiterate degenerates in this battle

Comment

Working...
                            X