Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Put your safety at risk to serve me! No = Rude!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put your safety at risk to serve me! No = Rude!

Ahhhh flying, such a glamorous and exciting role with such lovely passengers.

As you know, aeroplanes are prone to turbulence. You sit down like the nice lady or man tells you and you fasten your seatbelt.

On this flight, the captain made a PA for the cabin crew to sit down, such was the level of turbulence. I had the honour of a jump seat in the cabin, by a door, facing the passengers.

Immediately, one woman starts ringing the call bell. I look up to make sure it's not a medical emergency or a fire or you know, something bad. She's holding an empty cup up and I can see her mouthing "drink." She doesn't stop so I make a polite PA informing passengers for our safety, cabin service is temporarily suspended.

This takes around 15 minutes and then we are allowed up. I go to the woman
    Me "Hi, is there anything I can get you?"
    Passenger: "Well I did want a coke but you were too busy to get me one so don't bother, I'll just go without"
    Me: "As I said, it was too turbulent for us to be up and about but I'll get you a drink now"
    P: "Isn't that your job? I mean, aren't you used to it being a bit bumpy?"
    Me "Nope, we aren't immune to injuries and the airline would rather we put our safety first"
    P "Health and safety gone mad, that's what it is! I've paid £500 for this and I should be able to get a drink if I need one!"
    Me: "Safety and security is our priority, now let me go and get your coke for you, would you like anything else?"
    P: "No, just leave me alone!"

I got her a coke, set it down and smiled nicely and said "you're welcome" as she just glared at me.

P "I told you I didn't want a drink."

Next time I walked past, she had drank it and wanted another one.
    P "But make it diet coke this time, I'm on a diet"

(Ok sure, whatever. I'm sorry I didn't psychically know that)

As she disembarked she said to me "thanks for nothing". I gave her a big smile and said "I'm so sorry you are having such a bad day, I hope it gets better, take care now."

She gave me such an evil look and stormed off. Apparently she told the crew standing by the exit door that we were rude skinny bitches with too much make-up and discriminated against fat people? Some people are just bizarre.

Ah yes, one of those Drama Queens who just does not comprehend that other people exist and have the same rights she does. She has to have the center stage spotlight, everybody else in the world is a mere prop in the play that stars HER.

Hopefully you'll never have to see her again.

Meanwhile, she'll throw her bitchitude at some other poor schnook.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I see a complaint in the future - hopefully it will be laughed at before being tossed in the trash where it belongs...

Comment

I just read today about a fight that got so bumpy 7 people got hurt.
        Yea some peoples children.
        AkaiKitsune
        Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Was kind of hoping your Sucky Passenger got up and started stalking about the cabin, refusing to take her seat when told to. Disobeying the lawful order of the flight crew on just about any aircraft = visit from the nice men with shiny silver bracelets.
          "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Sadly, the men with shiny bracelets don't show up nearly often enough. I've been on a flight with an extremely disruptive family whose youngest was running up and down the aisles during taxi, during take-off, during flight, during landing, and during taxi. Despite numerous warnings on the part of the air crew.

What did they get? A little form telling them what they did was bad, and if they did it again they'd get another form.

*sigh*
            “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
            One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
            The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Was this before or after 9/11? Airlines tend not to fuck around since then. Probably depends on how threatening the behavior and how much paperwork the captain wants to deal with too.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

You know that if you had gotten up and any of the following had happened....you were hurt, you spilled her drink, you fell over her, etc....she would have filed a complaint about that, too.

Idiots shouldn't be allowed to fly.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Given her the drink

Imagine that someone did pour her a drink of coke.

Then the next big air bump causes the drink to splash all over her.

Bet she will complain that she was served while the air was bumpy, and the air crew should have done better.

Comment

I have to admit my parting comment may have been a bit snarky but I said it quietly in a sympathetic tone - someone behaving like that has got to be having a bad day/week/month/year/life right?

Her comment to the crew at the main door was just bizarre though. Did she imagine we had said mean things about her appearance? Because we didn't. And I'm not skinny - quite tall but a US size 8! What an odd thing to come out with.

Comment

that "lady" needs a reality check. especially after the United Airlines flight to London that had to be diverted to Ireland due to "Severe Turbulance" causing 12 people to be sent to ED. that included 2 of the cabin crew and 10 passengers. Stay safe Air_Stewardess, at least some like myself appreciate your service.
                      This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
                      my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post

Idiots shouldn't be allowed to fly.
                        That would definitely reduce airline traffic...by a LOT.
                        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                          Was this before or after 9/11?
                          It was after 2001, by several years.

The behavior started in the terminal, with the whole clan (I assume it was an extended family) screaming at each other, the little boy running around everywhere, him falling to the ground in front of one of the disabled power-carts, the matriarch of the clan screaming at the driver of the cart (for failing to run over the tot?), to the late-teens or early-twenties males who were just too cool for all of this but wanted to show off their new phones, and on and on and on...

I wondered if we had fallen into a new sit-com called "My Obnoxious Guido Family" or some such.
                          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

If this were to happen today I somehow see TSA being less than amused...

Comment

Working...
                            X